This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

difficulty levels items in inventory not showing properly or doing correct damage.

Topics: Help and Support
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM
i just tried to edit the difficulty levels unlocked in the game and it did a real number as far as inventory items not showing properly when equipped as well as said items not doing the correct damage ect. is this something known or should i not mess with changing on locking difficulty levels?
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2014 at 9:45 PM
As far as I am aware changing the heroes difficulty level has no adverse affects on inventory items.
This is done by changing the "Unlocked Difficulty" on a hero's General tab.
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2014 at 5:18 PM
WE need you to be as specific as possible of each mouse click you make what exactly you click on and what is changed.
Example:
After I load my file I click on the hero tab for the fist hero
Then I click the inventory tab
I select an item in my inventory and change the first 15 affixes
I then change to the general tab selecting the highest unlocked act drop down and change it to inferno

these are the edits made to the save file and this is the results.

I Am stuck on normal mode and the items stats are not in the range listed....
Jul 16, 2014 at 8:24 PM
it does have adverse affects basically breaks the game when modding an item to legendary level max which is 127 bascially if you max out legendary level the item doesn't show as equipped or work at all. if legendary item is level 60 then yeah it will work but not if legendary item level is 127
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2014 at 10:54 PM
mordaki987 wrote:
it does have adverse affects basically breaks the game when modding an item to legendary level max which is 127 bascially if you max out legendary level the item doesn't show as equipped or work at all. if legendary item is level 60 then yeah it will work but not if legendary item level is 127
whats this have to do with difficulty unlocked?
Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 AM
note the title it says difficulty level items ect. i had modded some items in my character inventory modded them to make legendary level ect as well as modded the difficulty level to highest difficulty level played as being inferno. after modding the save game with items i had modded i went to equip the items and in turn after equipped said items the game did exactly what i said it did which was all my modded items with a max legendary level of 127 just became unusable. the items didn't show as being equipped the whole nine yards that is why it has to do with difficulty unlocked.
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2014 at 2:11 AM
level 127 is not made for gear this has nothing to do with difficulty if you change all your gear back to 60 the difficulty will still be inferno and your gear will be usable
to answer your OP the gear and difficulty are not connected in any way
legendary level above level 60 has negativity affects but since you didn't say anything about level 127 gear in the op or title there is no way to read your mind possibly you should look online on how to properly report a bug to a developer we can not read minds or see your screen to tell you what is wrong.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html this is a nice article and one that think you should read...
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM
2 words screw you CKY. i thought i explained my issue and what caused it rather well thank you.