This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Documentation - English Guide [a recommendation]

Topics: General
Sep 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I'm new to the project, but immediately a huge fan. One thing I thought I might be able to offer/suggest is a more comprehensive guide (I can only speak to the PS3 portion, not familiar with XBox). Based on the PS3 guide provided, I had to do some guessing, having never done anything like this with any of my games before. Below is not a 100% solution, but maybe a starting off point from which to build a clear and concise PS3 guide that will help people of all skill levels, maybe make the project a little more accessible for newcomers.

1 – Navigate to Downloads tab, download provided PS3 BruteForceSavedata download; download latest version of DIII Save Editor (DIII.SaveEdit for vanilla Diablo 3 --- or --- DIIIROS.SaveEdit for Reaper of Souls)
2 – Install Brute Force Savedata.
3 – Read all notes provided with Brute Force Savedata and copy provided files as directed.
4 – Copy your Diablo III saved game from your PS3 to your flash drive.
5 – Open Brute Force Savedata.
6 – Browse your flash drive for PS3/savedata/
7 - In the top list that shows all the game save files on your flash drive: click to select your Diablo III save file.
8 - Click the Decrypt button in the middle of the screen (Make sure that decrypt 2nd layer is not selected in version 4.4.1 or later). Select all files and click "Yes". (Doing this extracts all data from your save. You don't have to edit everything but editor requires all of these files to load.)
9 – Open DIII Save Editor. When you open the editor select your flash drive /ps3/savedata/[blus/bles]autosave.
10 – Edit save file. Save all changes and exit DIII Save Editor.
11 – Return to Brute Force Savedata, Encrypt all files. Exit Brute Force Savedata.
12 – Put flash drive back in PS3 and copy save file to the appropriate profile.
Sep 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Nice guide James might i make a suggestion to this guide? Before doing any save editing make back ups it is a recamemded must. That way you can let the devs, and editors know what went wrong, and what you were doing and still have a good save. Other then that very good start for people just trying out this is editor.