This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Modded Items not appearing correctly when equipped in ROS

Topics: Help and Support
Sep 4, 2014 at 3:07 PM
not sure how to take a screenshot on my ps3 but i've modded a hand crossbow from one of the sets using the ros editor yet it is showing up as invisible when equipped and showing that i can not use the standard attack with it when hitting the x button i'm wondering if this is happening because blizzard nerfed being able to use modded items or if this is happening for some other reason? has anyone been able to wield/equip any modded items that were modded using the editor i'm just curious.
Developer
Sep 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM
I have never had this problem. If you could explain step by step what you did to mod, that would help.
Sep 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I had added into my inventory the hand crossbow hallowed condemnation(ros) and added in the affixes 1598-2315 holy damage, Ignore Durability Loss, 181-199 dex int str vit anf the final two affixes are 14.0% critical hit chance 150-220% critical hit damage and lastly 3514-4457 life per hit. i then modded the durability to 4294967295 for both durability and max durability and gave it a legendary level of 70 with rarity being orange(legendary) i then encrypted and saved the file through brute force save data and copied the save to my ps3 loaded up the game went and equipped the new crossbow and it shows up with nothing in the characters hand and the basic standard attack is greyed out when i hit the x button for a standard attack i get a message in white text stating this skill requires a different weapon with the modded hallowed condemnation(ros) equipped in main hand.
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Hi mordaki987

For your weapon is not necessary to up durability at 4294967295 just put 0 after your weapon is impossible to broken ;)
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM
thanks migjack the 0 durability seemed to fix this issue weapon shows up as being equipped now and am able to use it without any problems
Sep 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM
You're welcome :)

Have fun dude :)