This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help creating item

Topics: General
Oct 1, 2014 at 11:58 PM
So I know this is a tool to mod but basically I just want to spawn items with normal legit stats w/o working for it.

I'm just trying to spawn really good t4'ish items with normal stats on them w/o having to input all of them. Maybe to do this I need to create the item unidentified? Either way if you guys can tell me how to do this step by step i'd appreciate it a lot, thank you.
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM
If you want legit items there in the game go play the game and get them......

If you want to make modded items.....
First you add the item you want then you select 1 at a time any of the 6 attributes that you want on it.....

Creating items unidentified will do only that it will not do anything besides make it unidentified
Oct 11, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Another way is to view them on a community-compiled database, such as this:

http://db.d.163.com/en/

This one is one I use all the time. It lists the legitimate attributes and ranges of said attributes of each item. According to the site, it is current to Patch 2.1, although some items are missing data here and there - newer items is my assumption.

As for modded items, use whatever attributes strike your fancy, but remember that you want to survive combat in the long run. God knows, I've made that mistake before. If you get stuck as to what to add, go online and jump in random lobbies to try and find a modder - there are some, but they become more common if you aren't region-specific in your matchmaking. Some gear that they carry can give you an idea as to how you might build yours.

On a sidenote, legendary item affixes are constant - add whatever attributes you like, but they won't change the affix.

Torment-capable gear tends to be, simply, legendary and set items geared towards your build. Interchanging skills and gear will allow you to improve said builds as you go - as it is often heard, learning by trial and error is better than not learning at all.
Example: Lightning Wizard - Wyrdward (ring), Thundergod's Vigour (belt), Thunderfury (1h sword)