This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Missing items in D3 editor.

Topics: Help and Support
Oct 9, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Did anything happen to the D3 editor (not the ros editor) that I am not aware of? I use to be able to make ROS sets with this editor and use them.

Examples would be stuff like the RORG from the Act 1 bounties, firebird set, raekor set, mara set for the DH, jade harvester set. None of these are there in the original D3 editor anymore, or I am overlooking them.

Can anyone shed some light to this please before it drives me insane.
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM
RoS item only Load into the RoS version of the game so the databases where split to avoid confusion and questions like "Why if legendary gems are in the editor I cant load them" etc etc
Oct 9, 2014 at 11:54 PM
So there is no way to get these items anymore on my vanilla D3 PS3 edition, and then export them to my PS4 ROS version?
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2014 at 3:14 AM
I need you to confirm a few things For diablo 3...
Do you have a patch 1.0.4?
Did you install patch 1.0.4?
In the main menu do you have an export option for patch 1.0.4?
What version is the save file from patch 1.0.4?
If you use the 116 RoS version dose it popup file corrupted
Oct 10, 2014 at 6:18 AM
Checked my PS3 vanilla D3, it's at version 1.0.3.26199. No 1.0.4 patch.

I can export to PS4, the option is there have done it in the past. Checked. The option is still there.

Save file is the same as the version above.

And yes, shows file corrupted when i try using the ROS editor instead of the vanilla editor.
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Carp on a cracker. Well I need to get some things verified for xbox.. That shouldn't have been the file version it should have been 903 901 right around that but that makes no difference..
give me time to find someone with your setup on xbox..
Oct 10, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Appreciate the help, if you need any more information from me, i'll be glad to help out in any way i can.
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM
the issue that just arose with your question is that of D3 vanilla has different stats then that of RoS they wont work in vanilla but if what you are saying is true there are a lot of people trying to export into RoS using the vanilla save and that means there will need to be 3 different versions..

one for D3
one for D3 to RoS
and one for RoS

I'm not sure how this will work unless I drop D3 and I can't do that because there are people just coming into the game for the first time
Oct 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I see what you're saying, i am sure i am not the only one that was using the editor and then going up to ROS on PS4. Just glad I did most of my modding before the vanilla editor lost that ability, because there's no way i'm going to buy ROS for PS3 just so i can mod up and then play it on my PS4. I would think thought that if new people are still playing on PS3, they are going to be using the UEE for PS3, not buying an outdated regular edition.

I'm actually curious how many other people are stuck in the same situation that i am, unable to mod anything now except vanilla D3 items (which 99% of suck). I only even noticed the issue yesterday, i was going to mod up a Kridershot and a bombadere rucksack and noticed it wasn't in the editor. Poked around some more, noticed all the ROS stuff was gone.

Like i said before, if you need any more information from me, just let me know and i'll get back to you.

Hope you can do something to get this straightened out, as i would like to mod once again but looks like i'm pretty much screwed.
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Koujacou wrote:
I see what you're saying, i am sure i am not the only one that was using the editor and then going up to ROS on PS4. Just glad I did most of my modding before the vanilla editor lost that ability, because there's no way i'm going to buy ROS for PS3 just so i can mod up and then play it on my PS4. I would think thought that if new people are still playing on PS3, they are going to be using the UEE for PS3, not buying an outdated regular edition.

I'm actually curious how many other people are stuck in the same situation that i am, unable to mod anything now except vanilla D3 items (which 99% of suck). I only even noticed the issue yesterday, i was going to mod up a Kridershot and a bombadere rucksack and noticed it wasn't in the editor. Poked around some more, noticed all the ROS stuff was gone.

Like i said before, if you need any more information from me, just let me know and i'll get back to you.

Hope you can do something to get this straightened out, as i would like to mod once again but looks like i'm pretty much screwed.
your not "screwed" I change the database that 99 looks at for the time being.. until a more permanent solution can be found.. happy modding..
Oct 11, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2014 at 2:47 PM
So the vanilla D3 editor will once again show the ROS items?

And thanks for looking into the issue, i appreciate it greatly.

EDIT: Functionality is working again like it use to be, I can now mod my vanilla PS3 D3 save and then upload it to my ROS PS4. Thank you for making it happen once again!