This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Editing stat ranges

Topics: Help and Support
Developer
Oct 22, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Once an item has been generated, and the selected attribute is rolled to it's set form, for example:
15-20% increased Holy Damage, and it rolls a 17%, is there a way to go back into the editor, find that specific line, and edit the code for it to make it perfect?

I would like to do this with all stats I create on items, dex, str, vit, dmg, etc.

Thanks for any reply.
Also, glad it looks like you are almost at 2 months of server costs! Congrats.
Oct 22, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Edited Oct 22, 2014 at 4:55 AM
To the best of my knowledge, no. However, that answer could be found in the Raw data tab under your 'item collection' list (an opinion and a theory).

Then again, I'm not a Project Developer or a Coordinator, so that is really CKY's call.

*If push comes to shove, modify your Paragon point distribution to gain the effect you are after. A word of caution on that note, however - keep it sane, unless you like staring at the low health warning on your screen the entire time you play. I play as a HC Demon Hunter at Paragon 10000 with a 2147483647 point distribution over all stats for my own amusement on both the 360 and the One - my friends love me on the One: so much XP from Greater Rifts!
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:28 AM
Manipulating the system, however, is very possible.

I have a bunch of crafted gear (crimson, etc) with perfect or near perfect rolls (490-500 dex, full 20% elementals, full 15% specific skill damage, etc) and use that as the base for making new items. You must change the same affix that you want perfect.

Example:

You have a nice legendary set of boots with 440 dex and 490 vit. You want them to change? Swap them in their exact spots on the editor. Your new boots with have 490 dex and 440 vit.

This works across stats that dont share the same specific range (e.g. changing vit to crit hit damage) but I'm still trying to determine the proportionality (as in, what does 490 dex on a 426-500 roll translate into for a 26-50 crit hit damage roll).

Hope this helps.
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:32 AM
and as a quick follow up for the development team, I did notice on one particular swap that it wasnt a proportional change, it was literally a copy of the number. I turned 99 all res (91-100) into 99 crit hit damage (51-100) on a necklace. Maybe this is useful for finding the string of code that determines affix rolls.

Cheers
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2014 at 5:35 AM
MPk780 wrote:
and as a quick follow up for the development team, I did notice on one particular swap that it wasnt a proportional change, it was literally a copy of the number. I turned 99 all res (91-100) into 99 crit hit damage (51-100) on a necklace. Maybe this is useful for finding the string of code that determines affix rolls.

Cheers
that's controlled by the seed of the item.