This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

how to make a viewed mod item

Topics: Help and Support
Nov 29, 2014 at 5:51 AM
hi, i have no problem with your program, it works great. However, my friend can do something he won't tell me how to do. Can you tell me how to put a set bonus on a ring or put a property that is normally encoded on an item on a different item? For example, he made a ring that makes call of the ancients last until they die. And he was able to put the bonus for the xphrian amulet on a ring to wear the countess julia with it and be immune to two different things. How can this be done?
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2014 at 9:05 AM
just look in the affix list for what you want and add it to the item. Wall of Bone has Wall Of Bone Only chance to be protected by a shield of bones when you are hit. but it can be used on any item because its in the list..
Nov 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM
yeh, i know how to do all the normal affixes but, he was able to move a set bonus to a ring. He put call of the ancients last until they die on a ring. How can that be done? Procs aren't in the affix list. How would it be possible to put a proc thats on an amulet on a ring?
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2014 at 5:40 AM
Look under passive
Developer
Dec 1, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Any items I create with anything from passive don't even spawn, PS3.
The specific thing hes talking about is when you have 4 pieces of the Immortal Kings set you receive the final bonus which is "Call of the ancients last until they die". That option isn't even listed in the passive list.
I've also heard on PS3 of a guy walking around with the bonus "Using War Cry increases the movement speed for you and all allies affected by 30–40% for 10 seconds." which is the bonus from chilanik's chain, ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/chilaniks-chain ) .
I'm gonna fiddle with it all tonight by playing with tier values. Unless you have a better answer CKY?
Dec 3, 2014 at 3:44 AM
Where exactly is this "passive" selector/tab??
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM
XzxL0HAMxzX wrote:
Where exactly is this "passive" selector/tab??
Passive Skill Affixes are affixes that can be added to any item there listed under Passive But only work on patch 2.1.0 or higher
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Ohh ok ya I was thinking the same thing as maddmaxx. Passive set bonuses such as spawning all pets with a full set of Marauder for DH are what I would like to add to other pieces of armor, so that I don't in fact have to have the full set to get the bonus.
Dec 16, 2014 at 1:58 PM
z3r0uch1h4 wrote:
hi, i have no problem with your program, it works great. However, my friend can do something he won't tell me how to do. Can you tell me how to put a set bonus on a ring or put a property that is normally encoded on an item on a different item? For example, he made a ring that makes call of the ancients last until they die. And he was able to put the bonus for the xphrian amulet on a ring to wear the countess julia with it and be immune to two different things. How can this be done?
I am currently working on building a gbid list of rings and what statuses they give you... if you would like to do your own research into this very simple go to your editor create a new item on a character or in stash under gbid you go all the way down to test and there is a list of about 500 rings to choose from.... (this is going to take a while) I can tell you right now on the latest ps3 patch the rings 502 503 511 512 522 524 543 553 cannot have their affixes used hope this helps and GL once I can get a list built up I will share.
Dec 18, 2014 at 6:11 AM
i kno this is an old thread but i've searched high n low for an answer to to this as i see many ppl running amulets/rings with set affix's on these items (ex... julia ,xphrian,aronoch amulets affix'x set on just one amulet) my question does anyone kno how to do this yet as i would like to learn this myself thx in advance.....btw props to all the ppl that have made this to be
Dec 19, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2014 at 5:51 AM
I would also like to know. I modded in Borderlands 2, but never bothered getting into hex coding, and now I am trying to learn and it's all new to me and confusing. I think that hex is involved but I'm not positive. I'd be happy if we could just get the passive skills/legendary gems on 360/PS3.

Anyway, I have a friend who has made their own gear, and put custom legendary effects from whatever Legendary Gear on it. Their shoulders have two, separate legendary effects, from different pieces of gear, and I want to know how to do this. If anyone is experienced with Hex, and has the patience to help teach me a bit of the basics, please let me know. My Gamertag is the same as my username on here.

Also, I googled ViperX420 and found his Q&A thread, which I was happy to find, only to realize that all the links lead to threads which he has removed. It refers me back to his Tutorial page, but that thread doesn't have anywhere near the number of videos/tutorials that it should/could have to explain things. I wanted to learn how to add extra stats onto items.

Lastly, there was another link I tried to view that was supposed to be a spreadsheet/database (I think for the Hex codes) and it was all blacked out with a title saying don't request this sheet. Well IDC about that sheet, but is there any database or collection of D3:RoS Hex codes and what they are for?
Jun 22, 2015 at 7:47 AM
so is this possible? for example: adding the carnevil mask effect to the grin reaper using test rings. i hate to beat a dead horse but i could not find any other threads that addressed this. and thank you everyone involed with this project for all of the things your editor can do
Jun 22, 2015 at 3:36 PM
samuelcurbow wrote:
so is this possible? for example: adding the carnevil mask effect to the grin reaper using test rings. i hate to beat a dead horse but i could not find any other threads that addressed this. and thank you everyone involed with this project for all of the things your editor can do
you can not add something that is hard coded(orange color) into another piece of gear but what can b done is there are a lot of rings that u can test to see if it might be something that you are looking for look under the test tab in the editor not that some rings will not load into ps3 and are specific to patch
Jun 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM
BTW, those 'test' rings are often documented in the datamining of the patches that are regularly posted at diablofans. Technically, the datamining is for the PC version, but I believe the rings often behave the same way on all platforms that get the patch.

I'm not in front of my computer to double check the editor, but look here...

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48343-ptr-patch-2-2-datamined

... then scroll down to "P2_ItemPassive_Unique_007 - Your generators also generate [VALUE] Discipline."

I believe the editor has something like 'test ring P2 007' or some variation. So between the editor and diablo fans, you have a sort of index.
Jun 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM
joekraska wrote:
BTW, those 'test' rings are often documented in the datamining of the patches that are regularly posted at diablofans. Technically, the datamining is for the PC version, but I believe the rings often behave the same way on all platforms that get the patch.

I'm not in front of my computer to double check the editor, but look here...

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48343-ptr-patch-2-2-datamined

... then scroll down to "P2_ItemPassive_Unique_007 - Your generators also generate [VALUE] Discipline."

I believe the editor has something like 'test ring P2 007' or some variation. So between the editor and diablo fans, you have a sort of index.
version .135 now gives description on items now including set bonus's
Jun 24, 2015 at 12:35 AM
So it does, although I see you have to hover. I don't like the "hover" feature very much.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM
joekraska, The Diablofan site seems to be missing a lot of information.. I was unaware they the where data mining. The database that this application uses has not been data mind, there was no program used to automatically extract data from the game..

The way that tool tips work within all windows applications is triggered after the mouse has been in place of a control bounds for a short period of time called Mouse Hover.

If the Mouse Move is used the processing time will be increased 1000 times because if your if your mouse is at coordinate X 256 and Y 256 if Y is changed to 255 the tool tip is redrawn. This will cause the tool tip to strobe at 60 - 120 HZ and that is not a good thing..

If the Mouse Enter is used the only time that can be retrieved is at the point(in pixels) the mouse enters into the control bounds because this is not your typical text box control the selected item will not be retrieved save thing with the tree view drop down there has to be a way to get the information from the node collection..

Then we are left with Mouse Hover this works ok, it allows us to tie into the collection and retrieve the data set on tool tip text.. The tool tip is then drawn on the screen displaying what we tell it to and works the way a standard tool tip works..

When designing a new control or a new set of controls the way the user will expect the control to work can not be changed because this will confuse the user and a confused user will try not use the control...
Jun 24, 2015 at 10:13 AM
I was unaware they the where data mining.
Yeah. They do it when the PC patches get uploaded. It is largely a dump of strings compiled into the PC client.
When designing a new control or a new set of controls the way the user will expect the control to work can not be changed because this will confuse the user and a confused user will try not use the control...
I would rather just see the information right on the label in the pulldown list.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2015 at 6:59 AM
Have a look at the Set: Tal Rasha's Brace tool tip Now you are telling me that you would rather all of that be displayed in the tree view item?

If this where to happen the tree view would ellipsis meaning it would truncate and then add "..." to the end of the line so now the tree view list would be about 50000 pixels wide in order to display it all.. At around 50000 pixels your display resolution of 2048x1536 pixels with a 4:3 aspect ratio would not be wide enough to display it and it be readable.. So enjoy the tool tip its there its readable you can see what is on the item.. The styling might change but the tool tip is here to stay..