This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Save keeps getting corrupted

Topics: Help and Support
Dec 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Whenever I try to add or delete an item from my characters inventory, it corrupts my character. Also if I try to add any paragon levels at all it corrupts the account.dat.

My paragon is 306.
Developer
Dec 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM
A: are you 100% that you encrypted the file again?
B: for the items make sure you arent making more items than inventory space. Also double check the items to make sure all properties are viable to your consol version.
C: after changing the paragon level of your account, use the up/down arrow to the right hand side to "lock it in".

Do you have the exact wording of the errors or pictures of them?
Dec 12, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Um... I'm not 100% sure what you mean by encrypting the file again. I'm doing this for the xbox 360, I load the files in the editor and chance the paragon with the arrows. I save account and go into the folder with it, then I drag and drop it into the same spot the other account.dat file is and overwrite it like I do with the saves. When I load up the game it says, "Your save data has been corrupted, which may have resulted in the loss of stash items, gold, and heroes." I still have my Characters, but the account.dat file is corrupted so all i have are my characters. Lose all of my stash items, paragon, and all of that.

Can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or what.
Developer
Dec 12, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Idk about the xbox files specifically. Have u tried doing the full save file?
Make sure you have a backup.
Dec 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Well with the xbox 360 you have to get the files out of the whole fie, so I open it in either horizon or modio, take the files out (after backing it up of course), put them into a folder and open them in the editor. Then save the specific files and overwrite them in the save i have open in modio/horizon, save and rehash then save onto usb.

But I still can't change my paragon.
Dec 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Does having the Bonus xp wells affect that at all?
May 16, 2015 at 6:28 PM
I know this is necroposting or whatever, but I saw that it never got answered or this point never got brought up..

Are you trying to edit a Diablo 3 game or a D3ROS game? Because for me that made a difference. I tried editing my Diablo 3 save and it corrupted my saves every try, but once I changed my game to ROS and tried editing it, it worked just fine. I locate it on Horizon, then extract it, then load the extracted files through the Editor and reverse it all when I'm done to put it back on the xbox.