This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Corrupt data with new update DIIIROS.SaveEdit_1.3.17.122

Topics: Help and Support
Developer
Jan 25, 2015 at 7:02 AM
Booted up today and saw the update. Was stoked!
However, doing the same things one normally does, I can't get it to do anything. If I decrypt a file using BSD, then using DIIIROS.SaveEdit_1.3.17.122 edit it at all, the file goes corrupt when loading it back on the playstation 3 and I'm unable to launch it, or export to ps4.
Any idea here?

I've tried from a fresh save with a new PS3 user.
Added items that I know have worked in the past on other saves (copy paste from second instance of Diiiedit, which I have done several hundred times)
Created new items.
Tried with a fresh save (run to town, get first check point, back out of game properly)
Tried with an unlocked save (also done several dozen times)

Tried a different flash drive after reformatting both of them to fresh.

Every time its the same error.
Loading the game does "Your data has been corrupted, which may have resulted in the loss of stash items, gold, and heroes."

The hero is still there

I select the hero, If I try to export it, it either tells me that an "Unknown error has occured" or " its too corrupt" to export.

If I launch the game, the PS3 capable items DO SHOW UP.

I've tried with 1-20 items, Gold, anything.
Even if I don't make any changes at all on the software, but have opened the file in it, saved it, and re-encrypted it.

Any ideas?
Jan 25, 2015 at 8:53 AM
I'm having the same problem as well.
Jan 25, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Same issue here, I've gone to the trouble of compiling a report for this issue see link below, hopefully it can be fixed asap :/

https://diiiedit.codeplex.com/workitem/1750
Jan 25, 2015 at 4:50 PM
A quick question for you guys,

when you finish editing your characters, are you clicking "File - save all" in the top left of the editor??

I bypassed this step and haven't had the corruption issue since, all i did to save my char was click Save[Character name] then just replaced my files as normal.....
Developer
Jan 25, 2015 at 5:22 PM
MBraderz wrote:
A quick question for you guys,

when you finish editing your characters, are you clicking "File - save all" in the top left of the editor??

I bypassed this step and haven't had the corruption issue since, all i did to save my char was click Save[Character name] then just replaced my files as normal.....
Ya. I've always done file- save all.
I'll try to replicate this tonight. Never even thought of that.
Thanks.
Developer
Jan 26, 2015 at 3:07 AM
Confirmed, only works if you just save the char, and not do SAVE ALL
What a pain in the ass. If you do a SAVE ALL, that file is now corrupt overall, and you need to reload whatever you had to start with.
Jan 26, 2015 at 7:45 AM
Okay, so character stuff is all and well, but now there is the problem account settings. (atleast for me it is.)
I go in and do my normal stuff: change gold value, more blood shards, new items, etc., and then I save account, exit editor, encrypt file, copy paste.. and then it happens..
All the stuff I had gone in one instant. Think you can help with that? I'd be truly grateful if you could figure this one out. :D
Developer
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Happened to me to. Clicked save-all and got corrupt. Will try the save character only today.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:57 AM
Someone confirm that save account corrupts as well please
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM
is any of your stashes empty?
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:35 AM
The only thing this update seems to corrupt, is the account data, the characters are all fine, but with the account data being corrupt, there is no access to stash, gold or paragon.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Can you send me the account file that is corrupt and the backup you made before it corrupted..
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 1:02 PM
I have made no changes to a file I have and spammed the save all and save account file on the current bin and in debug of the source both have produced a bit for bit byte for byte exact carbon copy of the original file i have fully extracted the data using my tools after doing so and compared the extracted save file it is again bit for bit the same with out having a save file to work with that is causing the issues I'm unable to determine the cause of this issue.. If one of all of you would kindly upload a backup and a file that is causing the issue to the work item https://diiiedit.codeplex.com/workitem/1750 i will do my best to figure out what exactly is going on here..
Jan 26, 2015 at 1:40 PM
@CKY I've replicated the corruption and have provided the files you need ( D3save, account/pref/profile.dat and Hero.dat files ) along with a copy of a back up pre corruption.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 2:18 PM
ok I think I have found the issue there is no data being added for currency just the type i just need confirmation that adding 1 to the blood shard count fixes this issue.
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:05 PM
CKY wrote:
ok I think I have found the issue there is no data being added for currency just the type i just need confirmation that adding 1 to the blood shard count fixes this issue.
Thank you! :D now I can do my thing again! <3
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:08 PM
so did it work?
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:12 PM
Yes, Im so happy toooooo!!!!! :D
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Well I need confirmation so I can release a patch of weather or not the save file is missing the data for the blood shards breaks the account file for both normal and hardcore or is it one or the other or what exactly is happening because the only thing missing form the save file sent to me was the amount of blood shards was removed..
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM
Confirmed:
Normal mode: Hardcore mode:
First try: 1 gold, 1 paragon lv, 0 blood shards. Fail. First try: same as normal mode.
Second try: 0 gold, 1 paragon lv, 1 blood shard. Worked but no paragon lv. Second try: same as normal mode.
Third try: 1 gold, 0 paragon lv, 1 blood shard. Works properly. Third try: gold missing.
Last try: 2 gold, 10 paragon lv, 1 blood shard. No paragon lv. last try: same as normal mode.
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Basically, can't change paragon level. but you can keep everything you have as long as you have at least one blood shard on your account.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Please confirm that version 123 fixed this issue?
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:04 AM
its still the same.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:14 AM
so version 123 corrupts the save if it has 0 blood shards?
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:26 AM
Correct, but without one blood shard the whole account is restarted. So if you don't want to lose your vendor's training levels then you need at least one blood shard. And since you have to save account the paragon level changes will not change to the level you wanted.
Basically, no blood shard no fun.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:11 AM
OK I'm not going to go through the trouble of releasing a new revision based on what little input I get from you and sit here and get answers like that you want it fixed the source code is public
Jan 27, 2015 at 4:05 AM
Its okay, im not good at explaining things i know little about. xD
Jan 27, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2015 at 10:12 AM
@CKY From what I can see after a few tests, all is working fine

Character Save
Account Save
Settings Save

All are saving fine, no corruption issues
Please find below my report on testing the new version ( 1.3.17.123 )

Test 1
  • Adding an item as per previous version ( 1.3.17.122 )
  • Saving via "Save[Character Name]"
  • Saving via "File - Save all" ( no changes made to the Account at this point )
  • rehash/resign over to USB
  • Loading up save file in game
  • Load fine no corruption
Test 2
  • Editing Blood shard count to 1 ( no gold edit at this point )
  • Saving via "File - Save all"
Test 3
  • Editing Blood shard count back to 0
  • Editing Gold count to 153,000 ( previously 15,300 )
Test 4
  • Editing Blood shard count back to 1
Test 5
  • Editing Blood shard count back to 0
  • Editing Paragon Level to 1
  • Load fine no corruption However
    The save editor does not appear to be saving paragon levels, everything else is saved so far as I can see, it's just the paragon levels are not being saved upon exit of the save editor.
I ran another test to see if the paragon levels were dependent on character level, I've set character level to level 70 and paragon level to level 1, clicked save on everything I could, went back into the editor and paragon had been reset to 0.

Update 11:00am GMT:

I got the paragon level I edited on my Hardcore character to stay at "1", I've only changed his physical level to 70
My normal character who I've also set to 70 however doesn't want to save with that level "1" paragon level.

I'll upload the files in this post and see in game now if there is any corruption.

Save files PRE paragon level edit

Save files POST paragon level edit

Update 11:10am GMT:

Went in game, save file loads normally no corruption, checked to see if the paragon level I set to "1" worked and it hasn't, it's still showing as 0 even though in the editor it is set to 1

I hope the above info helps with narrowing down the issue

The main thing is that the save file is no longer being corrupted from the tests I've done above, I could literally take a piss on my USB stick and the save files still won't corrupt :p

Thank you very much for your hard work and time you have put into this, I know it takes a lot of time and patience. I'll upload a copy of my Account.dat pre paragon edit and post paragon edit so you can possibly see whats happened.

Thanks again,
Mark.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:26 PM
I might have missed an event firing hook to further test paragon levels Please use the up down arrows on the numeric control.

The way the numeric control works is you have to catch the validated event and I always used the value changed event.

The difference is value changed occurs when you: A: press the enter key after typing in a value. B: Mouse down on the roll buttons (click on the up/down arrows to the right of the control).

The validated event fires after the control has verified that the value typed is between the minimum maximum values of the control.

Translation "I'm a programmer I do things the lazy way and make the user use the controls as MS has design them" OOPS

see if this helps fix what paragon issues you are having
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:51 PM
Will do thank you for your speedy reply and instructions, I'll play about with it later on between baby feeds and general "life duties" :)

Lol thanks for the translation I'm only familiar with C++ errors, I've only ever touched VS once in my life and it hurt, a lot :/

Thanks again CKY :)
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM
LOL so then you know why programmers are lazy..
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:39 PM
any luck with the paragon level yet?
Developer
Jan 28, 2015 at 2:23 AM
I got the new update to work with paragon, and level change no problem.. Thanks!!!
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:24 AM
@Chaotic was there anything special you had to do to get it to save?
Developer
Jan 28, 2015 at 9:46 AM
I haven't tried save all. All I do is save item, save character, save account or whatever I'm working on. I can try the save all again to see if it corrupts if you want me too.
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Ok the Save file that I was sent don't have the paragon unlocked that is the issue with it not saving.. There's no were for it to save to I have that fixed now but the issue remains that the you have to click another field or use the roll buttons to change the value I might end up scraping the MS control and writing my own..
Jan 30, 2015 at 12:54 AM
Hav all known issues been resolved?is there anything else that needs to be test before the 31st?
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2015 at 1:40 AM
As fare as i can see the answer is everything has in fact been fixed and the application is working as expected...

But what do I know I haven't had any information aside from what you see here on the subject..
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2015 at 10:51 PM
Can anyone confirm that if there is no hardcore stash and you save the account the account file is corrupt?
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2015 at 11:41 PM
can someone create and send me a fresh save file 1 hero played to Leah and force save..
Coordinator
Feb 1, 2015 at 12:59 AM
Feb 1, 2015 at 1:12 AM
ck hit me up on IRC to get wat needs to b resolved