This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Issue with modding level

Topics: Help and Support
Feb 12, 2015 at 11:14 PM
Hey great job on the editor guys good stuff. Just a quick question. Every time i mod a new characters level to 69 like Viper's video shows I experience a few problems. One, The enemies can one shot me and when I do mod a strong weapon it still takes forever for them to die. Also when i try and mod some powerful gear it does not show in the game.
Developer
Feb 12, 2015 at 11:41 PM
What difficulty are you playing on?

Got pics of your char stats?
Are you modding things with "patch" in the name and using on a ps3?
Feb 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM
I am playing on Normal.

Once I equip the weapon so I can go fight the skeletons at the beginning to even hit level 70 my damage is 2158, defense is 12.2k, my health always says 0. The one with the plus sign. Strength is 214, dex is 76, int is 76 and vit is 145 yet all of the skeletons can one shot me and it takes forever to kill them.

Not sure what you mean by Patch and yes I am modding for ps3.
Developer
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Monster strength scales with player level.
Is it 2148m or just 2148?
Without knowing exactly what you are doing i cant help you.
What wep are you modding?
What stat ranges are you trying to place on items?
If you dont have any armor you are a sitting duck.

I have no idea why this orientation switched.
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:14 AM
It is just 2148. Well I set the armour to level 70 so when i did complete that mission at the beginning I could just slap on the armour. None of the armour stats are modded just the legendary level. Maximus is the sword I am using for my barb and then I just looked some some top tier armour folks are using and left them unmodded except for legendary level.

Maybe I am just silly and should adjust the armour to fit level 69.
Developer
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:18 AM
You need to change the wep damage
"Tier quality" to "two handed sword" and the one with the highest dps. I think its called king slayer.
Item level to 69, legendary level to 70.
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:30 AM
Do I need to change the armour to 69 and legendary to 70 as well for it to be strong enough? Also I tried adding affixes to some legendary armour in the save editor and when I loaded Diablo they were nowhere to be seen.
Developer
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:44 AM
Did you click "save item changes" before saving the save file?
Any affix that has "patch x-x" or "patch 2.1" will not load in ps3.

Can you just list off everything you are doing or take a pic of the main affix screen and property screen and post it here?
Feb 13, 2015 at 12:56 AM
Yes I always use save item changes. That affix patch would explain some issues. Why will those patches not work?

Well the only thing I have modified on the armour is legendary level and rarity. They show up but when i add any affixes they do not appear at all.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2015 at 7:28 AM
PS3 Xbox 360 Will only be receiving patch 2.0.9 anything higher then 2.0.9 is marked and for next gen only....
Feb 13, 2015 at 7:04 PM
Well I got the mods working once I removed the patches, thankyou! Still have another question though. How do I use the patch mods if I can only mod ROS on ps3? I want to use all the characters on my ps4 so Imagine i will have to export my saves.
Developer
Feb 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM
You can use the 2.1 patch mods but export before loading your char in game.
Feb 13, 2015 at 8:14 PM
So once I export one toon to ps4 and I decide to mod him again can I just resave him to ps3 and then export again??
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Can you export your save from the ps4 to the ps3?
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM
No I cannot. Well originally I have to save the mod to ps3 so I can export to ps4 but can I remod the toon on ps3 and export them again to ps4?
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM
I think you just answerd your own question. All progresion from after the export will be lost if you export again...
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Oh wait maybe I can just save the toon on ps4 to a usb stick and then save to ps3 and then mod again. Maybe....