This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot be salvaged - ancient item

Topics: Help and Support
Feb 14, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Hi
latest version is great with update attr for 2.1.2
I created some ancient item using the unidentified ancient flag ( giving the gold border in PS4).
But they turn up as cannot be salvaged.
Developer
Feb 14, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Yep that's my fault... Didn't scroll down all the way when I was looking at it. If you want to have just a normal one go through all the flags until you find the right ones.
Feb 15, 2015 at 5:23 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2015 at 5:23 AM
I think what is missing is an Ancient Enchantable flag. Might not have been discovered yet though which is why it's not in the latest edition.
Feb 16, 2015 at 11:50 PM
The flags are what determines the ancient status. You need to figure out what the normal flag is without the "cannot salvage" and have it already ID'd and not have it say junk. I can tell you though there are quite a bit of flags that do the same thing and there is an order it seems in the way they work. I'd post all the ones that I currently have working but it seems people don't like to experiment with the editor.
Feb 17, 2015 at 1:59 AM
Edited Feb 17, 2015 at 2:02 AM
I'll help out, post your findings so far. I'm not very knowledgable with discovering the flags but can help test them all out for sure.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Trollquistador wrote:
The flags are what determines the ancient status. You need to figure out what the normal flag is without the "cannot salvage" and have it already ID'd and not have it say junk. I can tell you though there are quite a bit of flags that do the same thing and there is an order it seems in the way they work. I'd post all the ones that I currently have working but it seems people don't like to experiment with the editor.
You seem to be correct no one wants to experiment and find out what can and cant work.. If you do find anything that is not listed post it and I will include it in future release..
Developer
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM
Yeah I got lucky with the random number that is in there now. I still test random numbers out every once in awhile but I haven't been able to find anything that isn't there already. The majority of numbers I try seem to crash my game.
Feb 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Am also trial and error different flag number out at random, lowering them, but so far, they still does the same. In the positive angle, this unable to salvage ancient flag made sure the gear does not get salvage by accident :)
Feb 18, 2015 at 4:57 PM
Is there a list of number that have been checked to make sure we are not duplicating our test?
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM
Nope that's what the server was used for.. There is no point in having it the community did not push for the patch on the console that can be read... I'm sure that the community can find a way to check 4 billion numbers in a timely fashion.. all the contributors of the project did..
Feb 18, 2015 at 10:54 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2015 at 10:56 PM
I tried this number on one of my item, its the closest I can get so far:
3333 2584
Gives me enchantable, salvagable UID Ancient Junk. ID and Unjunk it, works on existing seed without changing item stats.

When I was about to change it for all my items, PSN down on me and couldn't test further.

(Tried other number eg 1111 2320, 3333 33330, 3222 2320 and many more mostly unsatisfactory.)
3333 2320 is the starting number for unenchantable, but salvagable UID Ancient Junk.
Mar 11, 2015 at 9:38 PM
CKY wrote:
You seem to be correct no one wants to experiment and find out what can and cant work.. If you do find anything that is not listed post it and I will include it in future release..
I have a day off next week, I'm willing to spend a few hours doing some trial and error on flags.
Editor
Mar 12, 2015 at 4:34 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Trollquistador wrote:
I experiment on the editor as much as I can. I help others and post if I have information. Job, family, sleep, etc., get in my way, but that does not mean I am lazy. CKY and his team often explain, both here and on other forums, the painstaking time and effort it takes to figure this stuff out and the sheer mass amount of data and numbers that must be reviewed, piece by piece, to create new content for the editor. It is clear he and his team do not have time to post every iota; however, others can easily post what they find.

Let's be very clear, developers and contributors to the project have a pass for life - users should expect nothing more from them. However, among the mere users of CKY there is an unfortunate air of secrecy. "I figured it out, here look at it, but I won't tell you" is the common theme.

If you have information to help others, then why not offer it? DIIIROS and the editor change very quickly. If you think you know something one day, I am willing to bet your position will change or be defunct very soon thereafter. Consider using the info to help others while it is relevant and perhaps they will do the same to help you in the future.

Nothing but love for this site and its creators, developers amd contributors.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Mairhouse wrote:
Trollquistador wrote:
I experiment on the editor as much as I can. I help others and post if I have information. Job, family, sleep, etc., get in my way, but that does not mean I am lazy. CKY and his team often explain, both here and on other forums, the painstaking time and effort it takes to figure this stuff out and the sheer mass amount of data and numbers that must be reviewed, piece by piece, to create new content for the editor. It is clear he and his team do not have time to post every iota; however, others can easily post what they find.

Let's be very clear, developers and contributors to the project have a pass for life - users should expect nothing more from them. However, among the mere users of CKY there is an unfortunate air of secrecy. "I figured it out, here look at it, but I won't tell you" is the common theme.
Call me Stupid but I don't understand what you mean by this statement. Can you please elaborate..
If you have information to help others, then why not offer it? DIIIROS and the editor change very quickly. If you think you know something one day, I am willing to bet your position will change or be defunct very soon thereafter. Consider using the info to help others while it is relevant and perhaps they will do the same to help you in the future.

Nothing but love for this site and its creators, developers amd contributors.
If you have Information that can be included in the application such as the flags please send it to me and I will include it into the application... That's how this works you tell me what dose what I verify it and add it..
Editor
Mar 16, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2015 at 5:16 PM
CKY wrote:
Mairhouse wrote:
Trollquistador wrote:

Call me Stupid but I don't understand what you mean by this statement. Can you please elaborate..
Trollquistidor said that he would post the flags he had working but it seemed people do not like to experiment with the editor. Ultimately, he did not post the information. My opinion is that he should have shared the information and everyone in the community should pay forward what they learn. My post was also partly fueled by recent in-game activities of a few players not wanting to share information.

Also, I was trying to make it clear that I did not think the creators or developers needed to go out of their way to provide additional details and how-to's. You and the other developers have spent a lot of time creating the editor, and addressing individuals issues with using the editor (for example solving individual player's corrupted saves time and again). When I recently read the entirety of a huge thread on another forum, I found some past frustration by the developers in constant requests for walkthroughs, legendary gems for example, and I wanted to make sure developers knew my frustration was not aimed at them in any way.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Mairhouse wrote:
CKY wrote:
Mairhouse wrote:
Trollquistador wrote:

Trollquistidor said that he would post the flags he had working but it seemed people do not like to experiment with the editor. Ultimately, he did not post the information. My opinion is that he should have shared the information and everyone in the community should pay forward what they learn. My post was also partly fueled by recent in-game activities of a few players not wanting to share information.

Also, I was trying to make it clear that I did not think the creators or developers needed to go out of their way to provide additional details and how-to's.
Thank you for the clarification..
You and the other developers have spent a lot of time creating the game,
Why is it everyone thinks that I work for Blizzard? I do not work for Blizzard and if I did work for them I would have singed a NDA (NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT) that would have prevented me from creating this software. The source code and application was written solely by my self aside from a few components written by others such as protobuf-net. So therefore I could not have created the game.
and addressing individuals issues with using the editor (for example solving individual player's corrupted saves time and again). When I recently read the entirety of a huge thread on another forum, I found some past frustration by the developers in constant requests for walkthroughs, legendary gems for example, and I wanted to make sure developers knew my frustration was not aimed at them in any way.
Noted
Editor
Mar 16, 2015 at 5:18 PM
Why is it everyone thinks that I work for Blizzard? I do not work for Blizzard and if I did work for them I would have singed a NDA (NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT) that would have prevented me from creating this software. The source code and application was written solely by my self aside from a few components written by others such as protobuf-net. So therefore I could not have created the game.
Typo ... should have said "editor" and not "game". I know you and the team are not affiliated with Blizzard.
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM
Mairhouse wrote:
Typo ... should have said "editor" and not "game". I know you and the team are not affiliated with Blizzard.
Cool I just had to clarify