This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

No need for test ring key...new patch .129 has test ring description built in

Topics: General
May 27, 2015 at 6:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone had done this yet? I have composed in its entirety the test ring key with class color coated to make class specific ring retrieval easier. Below is a sample.

P1 941 Monk Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm.
P1 942 Wizard The damage bonus from kills while in Archon form now lasts for 16 seconds after Archon expires.
P1 943 Monk Mystic Ally summons two Mystic Allies that fight by your side.
P1 944 Witch Doctor Soul Harvest now stacks up to 10 times.
P2 001
P2 002 Barbarian Increased damage per second of rend by 100% for 15 seconds
P2 003 Barbarian Whirlwind gains the affect of the dust devil rune and damage is increased to 100% weapon damage
P2 004 Barbarian Increase damage of whirlwind by 100% weapon damage
P2 005 Demon Hunter Generator's and multishot deal 100% more damage per point of discipline
P2 006 Demon Hunter Drop caltrops when using vault
P2 007 Demon Hunter Your generators also generate discipline
P2 008 All Classes Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into this item also drops.
P2 009 Barbarian Frenzy gains the effect of every rune.
P2 010 Wizard Enemies affected by slow time take 100% increased weapon damage
P2 011 Crusader Every 1 seconds, call down Bombardment on a random nearby enemy.
P2 012 Wizard Enemies affected by slow time take 100% more damage from arcane orb, energy twister, magic missle and shock
P2 013 Wizard Casting arcane orb, energy twister, magic missle, shock pulse reduces the cooldown of slow time by 1 second
P2 014 Witch Doctor Locust Swarm is cast on a nearby enemy every second.
P2 015 Wizard Slow time gains the affect of every rune
P2 016 Witch Doctor Energy Twister periodically pulls in an enemy within 1 yards.
P2 017 Demon Hunter TEMP
P2 018 Monk Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm.

The spreadsheet is much cleaner and in color.
Developer
May 28, 2015 at 9:33 AM
Please specify, the patch that the item is available for, or if it will load in. If you're going to post lists on any of the threads to avert unnecessary program error reports.
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:06 PM
Interesting comment. All test rings currently can load into the game with no errors. Some rings just don't work, for example, test ring 640 which is suppose to give a special something if an event is completed, but it doesn't. As of patch 2,2 these rings all come into the game. I have not personally tested every single ring but a majority of them...and your welcome. I thought there would of been a much more positive response to a lot of work and organization of something that most creative editor thinkers use on a daily basis. It is nice to have a reference sheet in front of you.
Developer
Jun 5, 2015 at 5:33 PM
A couple of the rings are different from 1.0.9 (?) On ps3/360 compared to 2.2 on ps4/x1 I am guessing that's what he is talking about if you are only loading them into the ps4 make sure you say 2.2 only. I believe there is a list floating around somewhere but I can't remember who had it.
Jun 5, 2015 at 10:24 PM
Thanks ... I hope who had the list before could share.
Jun 6, 2015 at 3:52 AM
I just want to clarify so that we are all on the same page. The "Test" rings are different then the "rings" tab. The test rings are the same regardless of patch. There maybe a few that do not work in patch 2.2 but not because stats, for example the "Obsidian Ring" currently in the ring section is for the old patch and not for 2.2. So when you import that from the PS3 it will not be the 2.2 stats. That I get. What I am offering was a simple "key' to all of the "test" rings in the "test" ring tab in the editor. Someone may have already done this but I have carefully constructed a color coated by class description of each "test" ring and what class they work with or whether they work with all classes. I hope that this made more sense. I understand that some of the "rings" in the ring tab of the editor may not match the current 2.2 patch stats but then again, that is not what I was talking about or offering.
Developer
Jun 6, 2015 at 8:27 AM
Darkguyver68 wrote:
Interesting comment. All test rings currently can load into the game with no errors. Some rings just don't work, for example, test ring 640 which is suppose to give a special something if an event is completed, but it doesn't. As of patch 2,2 these rings all come into the game. I have not personally tested every single ring but a majority of them...and your welcome. I thought there would of been a much more positive response to a lot of work and organization of something that most creative editor thinkers use on a daily basis. It is nice to have a reference sheet in front of you.
It's funny how you think we haven't tested these rings prior to placing them on the editor. I can assure you that I have done, " a lot of work and organization" with the editor and am aware of all of the test ring capabilities and functionality in game. In fact, I guaranty that i have a more organized list then you would ever take the time to make. So in the future, "Please specify, the patch that the item is available for, or if it will load in. If you're going to post lists on any of the threads to avert unnecessary program error reports." - Niko1199
   Thank you.
Jun 13, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Regarding the test rings described in this thread, they do not appear to be in the .129 editor. Is there a list of gbids for them somewhere?
Jun 13, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Its not funny and I would never be that presumptuous . I just forgot who I was dealing with "A developer." I don't want to state the obvious but obviously you have tested
"all" the "test" rings because they are in the editor. An to continue to inflate your already massive cranium I am sure that your test ring capabilities and functionality is bigger than mine. The funny thing is I have taken the time to organize and re-organized and take notes and journal everything that I do with the editor. I am quite confident that my editor is more than functional, organized and user friendly. That being said, I think we can stop having a pissing contest here and let me just state that my current "test ring" key works for the patch 2.1. I am having issue with downloading the new editor released on June 12, 2015 because of some program error on your end. All the "test" rings "NOT RINGS, FOR EXAMPLE RORG, BECAUSE THOSE ARE RINGS THAT BELONG UNDER THE "RING" TAB. But currently all rings can be brought into patch 2.1 and behave like they should or they simply do not do what they say they are going to do, for example. test ring 714 "chance to proc a demonic spell," does not work but can be brought into the game with crashing etc.
By the way the issue never was whether you have tested them or not. That is not what I was interested in. I SIMPLY WANTED TO PROVIDE A CHEAT SHEET IF YOU WILL THAT MODDERS COULD HAVE IN FRONT OF THEM ALL THE TEST RINGS, WHAT THEY DO AND WHAT CLASS THEY ARE EFFECTIVE FOR OR IF THEY FELL INTO THE CATEGORY OF ALL CLASSES. IT CANNOT GET ANYMORE SIMPLE THAN THAT. JUST HAVING A PIECE OF PAPER TO THE SIDE OF YOU THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER TO LOOK UP WHICH RING WOULD BEST SUIT YOUR CURRENT MODDING ENDEAVOR. i APOLOGIZE THAT PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN THIS TO MEAN SOME ATTACK OR COVERT OPERATION TO CRASH A SYSTEM BECAUSE THE PROPER PATCH NUMBER WAS NOT GIVEN AT THE TIME OF REVEAL. I honestly felt that the group of people that I was dealing with already new and had the appropriate reasoning skills since the test rings have not changed prior to the new download that came out on June 12, 2.15. Anyhow, have a great day and I thank you for taking the time to point out my errors.
Jun 13, 2015 at 6:36 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Hi, Darkguyver. He was saying to specify the patch the items are known to work with. "Please specify, the patch that the item is available for, or if it will load in." Anyway, you reference a "spread sheet" in your OP. Where is this?
Jun 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM
I give up, I will keep the "test" ring key for myself. I cannot believe the problems that this simple opportunity had brought. I just wanted to post the "spreadsheet" for the test key used in the last editor before June 12, 2015 editor being released as we speak. It is nothing more than a few sheets of paper that provides information of what each test ring does. IT IS NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. There is no need for patches or updates or anything. This is ridiculous. and I am done with people trying to make this so much more complicated than it really is. This is the problem when you deal with developers, You are thinking to finitely. So sad but to bad.
Jun 13, 2015 at 7:42 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2015 at 9:08 PM
You're giving up because you don't want to note which game version you tested your items in? Certainly you actually know your game version/patch level, right? II'm sure there are folks who would be interested in your test results, my friend. The "ask" was merely that the version tested be recorded, that way if the test ring function changes from patch to patch, we can keep track. Note that: things do not do the same thing in every patch of the game... some actually cause the game to crash if loaded into the wrong game.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2015 at 6:49 PM
your welcom
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM
That's what a developer can do for you but since you don't like developers i guess you wouldn't notice that..

Anyway thank you for trying and your welcome but now you can see how important it is to have the patch information..