This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Various Questions

Topics: General
Jun 13, 2015 at 12:42 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Hi. I have read the FAQ and a broad variety of forum posts. I have some questions about the future of the editor as well as some nuances regarding its practical use.

First. Thank you so much for putting all this effort into making this tool!

Here are my questions:

1. The FAQ says ordinary gems cannot be modded, however the editor allows you add affixes to ordinary gems. Does this mean that adding affixes to ordinary gems does not work? (chatter in the Support forum seems to indicate, 'kinda' by adding one enchantment through mystic, but this is confusing; please clarify?)
  2. Regarding the PS4 problem, doesn't D3 for PS4 have a disconnected play mode? If so, what has been the difficulty in extracting a save file from the platform? Just crypto? Or is my assumption wrong (I do not have a PS4).
  3. Regarding the item "Properties Tab". Is there a tutorial or guide that goes over which properties should be set to have generally healthy function in the game, or what the implications of the various settings are?
    Answered by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUAOe-EYVhM
  4. Some affixes, such as the 10-20% attack speed affix, are known to only work in special circumstances. Are there other affixes like that, and if so, are there any notable ones to know about?
  5. There are a number of affixes available in the editor that are not presently in the game, such as Crushing Blow; do these affixes tend to actually work, or should they be avoided?
  6. There are some legendary gems available in the editor that aren't in the game--Shen's Delight, Stone of Heresy, Gem of X NYI"--do these gems actually function?
  7. It would appear that any equippable item slot can support 3 sockets. Is this correct?
  8. Regarding hard code affixes, when the hardcoded affix is present, does it count against the item's limit of 6, or if I create such a belt with 6 affixes, will it go into the game with 9?
  9. Does the game care whether or not the affixes you put into the 6 available slots are primary or secondary? I.e., can you make a 6 primary item?
  10. Once you have imported a save game into a PS4, is there any means of importing added items into the game without overwriting your current game?
  11. Will it have support for the 2.2 sets, such as Unhallowed Essence? (I understand the issue with older consoles not being updated, but I am wondering if someone is helping you find the relevant gbids).
  12. You mention on the front page that you will be wanting payment for new releases of the editor. How do you envision that going down? (EDIT: this function appears in the new editor, but looks broken).
Thanks again for all your hard work.

EDITs: found some answers by browsing and watching a video; updated so other people can see answers
Jun 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2015 at 1:30 PM
DELETED. Discovered I could edit my post.
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2015 at 8:45 PM
joekraska wrote:
Hi. I have read the FAQ and a broad variety of forum posts. I have some questions about the future of the editor as well as some nuances regarding its practical use.

First. Thank you so much for putting all this effort into making this tool!

Here are my questions:

1. The FAQ says ordinary gems cannot be modded, however the editor allows you add affixes to ordinary gems. Does this mean that adding affixes to ordinary gems does not work? (chatter in the Support forum seems to indicate, 'kinda' by adding one enchantment through mystic, but this is confusing; please clarify?)
1 affix can be placed on a gem but only in the enchant affix the game will remove all other affixes..
  1. Regarding the PS4 problem, doesn't D3 for PS4 have a disconnected play mode? If so, what has been the difficulty in extracting a save file from the platform? Just crypto? Or is my assumption wrong (I do not have a PS4).
It is in fact "Crypto"
  1. Regarding the item "Properties Tab". Is there a tutorial or guide that goes over which properties should be set to have generally healthy function in the game, or what the implications of the various settings are?
  2. Some affixes, such as the 10-20% attack speed affix, are known to only work in special circumstances. Are there other affixes like that, and if so, are there any notable ones to know about?
Not that I'm aware of?
  1. There are a number of affixes available in the editor that are not presently in the game, such as Crushing Blow; do these affixes tend to actually work, or should they be avoided?
They load in.. I'm not sure if the stat is actually calculated or not but they do load in.
  1. There are some legendary gems available in the editor that aren't in the game--Shen's Delight, Stone of Heresy, Gem of X NYI"--do these gems actually function?
As the items are found in the game they are added some items get renamed by the game after a certain patch for instance the gem of reduce level requirement was found on patch 2.1.1 but renamed to the gem of ease in patch 2.1.2
  1. It would appear that any equippable item slot can support 3 sockets. Is this correct?
yes but there are items that have 1 hard coded socket so be careful with adding sockets to items that might have that stat.
  1. Regarding hard code affixes, when the hardcoded affix is present, does it count against the item's limit of 6, or if I create such a belt with 6 affixes, will it go into the game with 9?
  2. Does the game care whether or not the affixes you put into the 6 available slots are primary or secondary? I.e., can you make a 6 primary item?
Nope
  1. Once you have imported a save game into a PS4, is there any means of importing added items into the game without overwriting your current game?
Not with out another account..
  1. Will it have support for the 2.2 sets, such as Unhallowed Essence? (I understand the issue with older consoles not being updated, but I am wondering if someone is helping you find the relevant gbids).
they are currently in the database..
  1. You mention on the front page that you will be wanting payment for new releases of the editor. How do you envision that going down? (EDIT: this function appears in the new editor, but looks broken).
well its not "Broken" Buggy at best but not broken still trying to polish out a few things with it there seems to be a lot of confusion with the the way the registration works this will be addressed in the coming releases..
Thanks again for all your hard work.

EDITs: found some answers by browsing and watching a video; updated so other people can see answers