This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Bugs in the .129 version

Topics: Help and Support
Jun 13, 2015 at 2:07 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2015 at 2:09 PM
When attempting to start, I get an exception:

Could not find file 'E:\Games\DIIIRoS.SaveEdit_1.3.18.129\ENsno_quest.txt'

This file is not present. The exception can be worked around by moving the included sno_quest.txt to ENsno_quest.txt.

I note that the AffixList.txt file appears to have reverted to an earlier list of affixes. Patch Y-Y (2.1.2) affix values that were present in the .128 version appear to be missing now. For example, primary stat settings maxing at '1465' appear to not be there. This appears to be a common problem across all the multi-language [*]AffixList.txt files
Jun 13, 2015 at 3:38 PM
exactly the same for me
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2015 at 8:29 PM
Yes I'm sorry for the forced release of a beta but to stop the e-mails It was in fact forced and some files got missed by the build script there will be an update again shortly that will resolve the EN Missing files
Jun 14, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2015 at 5:50 PM
I currently changed the name of ESsno_quest.txt to ENsno_quest.txt, the program works for now

Also noticed in the new version, the X_X STAT (Patch Y_Y) are missing or did they move or is that just an issue with the update?
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2015 at 5:34 AM
This issue has been fixed in version 130.
Marked as answer by CKY on 6/14/2015 at 10:34 PM
Jun 16, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2015 at 10:09 PM
Gjob, still not seeing the X-X STAT (Y-Y) anymore, there something new or did they move to a new location?
OK so a lot of stuff has disappeared from 13x, the keystones category is empty, legendary gems are gone and a few other things.
Developer
Jun 16, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Looks like everything that is patch 2.1.+ requires you to login I believe.
Jun 16, 2015 at 11:24 PM
I can confirm; logging in display things like Patch Y_Y values.
Jun 17, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2015 at 12:19 AM
loging in just comes up with an error box for me with a red X and OK button, thats it.
This is what i am seeing
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96213583@N03/18252384654/in/dateposted-public/
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2015 at 12:24 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2015 at 12:37 AM
what language is your computer set to use?

please contact me from the e-mail used to login..
Jun 18, 2015 at 1:54 AM
@CKY The codeplex website has been messed up all day, sent a message through the CONTACT ME link to you, I live in the USA, so english for my comp.
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:48 AM
I did send you a message but I don't think that is a correct e-mail and the reason you are unable to login is because you have not registered there are 4 e-mail address that haven't registered yet.. I'm assuming that the e-mail address has been flagged by the spam filters due to the volume.. But 42 e-mails should not be an issue..
another thing people are using paypal accounts that have deactivated e-mails attached to them and that is the only way I will rectify any issues with an account is if you can supply the email address that is used to create the account... accounts are the activation id and the e-mail not just one or the other... In order to get this resolved you must make contact to me from the valid e-mail address that is on file...

version 134 is in fact working as expected version 135 will fix the blank error message and change where you are sent so that you can use an e-mail address that is not the paypal e-mail.... i understand this new system is a bit confusing and a minor oversight on my part because I hadn't seen what the paypal receipts look like i get an invoice number so I figured that's what would be sent this is in fact not correct..
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:56 PM
I got your email yesterday, i replied to it a few ago. Since the program does not specify what to login with with, i been using the codeplex web site info, which is what it should be, right ? if not what should i be logging in with ?
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2015 at 6:42 AM
OK so I see somethings need clarification just not sure how and ware to start..

CodePlex is owned and operated by Microsoft as a repository for developers to showcase there projects.
I, like you are a user of CodePlex and have no control over what they will and will not do.. yes there has been a few outages this past week while they where updating TFS (team foundation server) and yes one project update didn't get sent because no one received a update notification..

The main page states that the database will be changed for and has been there for at least 30 days more then acquitted time.
All patch information not related to the currently supported consoles is now at a premium..
That premium has an introductory price of 19.95 because there are going to be bugs and issues with wording , understanding and terminology...
Then after that period of time which should be about 2-3 weeks the price is going to go up to its normalized price.

In order to use patch 2.2 data, tool tips, and extended roll functionality, you must ask the application to give you the login information witch will direct you to the payment system. Once this handshake has been made and the payment has been received. You will then be sent through the e-mail provided an activation key in the form of a transaction id (This is why there is a blue link on the login form that says get transaction id 19.95). If you decide that you want to pay the 19.95 now and in a week report it and do a charge back. You will be fully refunded but will no longer have the opportunity to pay again and get a new one.. this is a one time one shot payment If you have issues I will fix them but not if you file a clam and request a refund.

Right now the stem of a lot of confusion (Notice the wording up top introductory pricing because of wording, understanding and terminology) the application is looking for a specific id. the invoice has a different id. I'm sent a different id. there are a few more different ids in the shopping cart cal back but its only the one that is sent by the payment system to the e-mail used that will work.. I have been working with everyone who has troubles with this. Some users I can not help because there e-mail is not active anymore they use it for paypal and have it deactivated. They don't use a different e-mail that the payment system can send to(This is being addressed.). Also because of the sheer volume of e-mails that are being sent all e-mail systems has temporally flagged the address as spam so check your spam folders junk folders or anywhere that your mail system will send unwanted e-mails. The transaction id is non transferable and tied into the e-mail used at check out..

I have heard rummer's that people are trying to circumvent the transaction id and I assure you this is not worth wasting the time on(If you can break a MD5 hash that is comprised of your e-mail, your transaction id, the password used, a random number, a private key and your reported ip address at login and on close. Then why haven't you broken the ps4 encryption??).. This system is the most secure that I have seen in a very long time and modeled after 3 different types of systems.

In short you must have a valid transaction id that is sent to a valid e-mail before you can to activate your account through the registration posses.
Jun 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Edited Jun 19, 2015 at 11:54 AM
OK, got it, even though the message on main page says "this change does not mean that the cky editor will now need to be purchased, but that updates for future patches will now require payment before receiving them.", it means that you do have to purchase it or all past updates will be removed correct?

From reading the message one would think that all past updates will still be included in the free version, but what you are saying is that it doesn't? All past updates have been erased from the program as of the latest version and without paying for it, the program now only supports D3 classic, right ?

Trying to get clarification on this as nothing was posted nor mentioned about anything other than its now a charge for the program.

If a person does pay the $20 you now require to use the editor, is this a 1 time charge, or are you going to charge for each minor patch ?

Also, with the new paid version of the editor, are we guaranteed to have all the newest items added in future patches, such as up to 2.2.1 as of now?

Also is there a post with all the additions to the newest version?

I am trying to figure out if this is something i want to waste money on atm, i have been a disabled vet for about 10 years now and live on what little the VA gives me, so I just want to know if this is a lifetime purchase or a pay per update type program now?

You may want to post this as a sticky for people with questions as well.

Thanks for you time on answering these questions, sorry for all the questions, but the only people who won't have any trouble paying for the editor now are people who are selling items on ebay, i have a problem cuz i never have sold an item.
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2015 at 2:38 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM
OK, got it, even though the message on main page says "this change does not mean that the cky editor will now need to be purchased, but that updates for future patches will now require payment before receiving them.", it means that you do have to purchase it or all past updates will be removed correct?

I reread it it was supposed to be a lot border in terms then it was..

From reading the message one would think that all past updates will still be included in the free version, but what you are saying is that it doesn't? All past updates have been erased from the program as of the latest version and without paying for it, the program now only supports D3 classic, right ?

D3 Classic better known as vanilla has its own editor...

D3RoS is version 134 soon to be 135 and only works up to patch 2.0.9 just because you can export to patch 2.2.0 don't mean that all the information that items need is there..

Trying to get clarification on this as nothing was posted nor mentioned about anything other than its now a charge for the program.

If a person does pay the $20 you now require to use the editor, is this a 1 time charge, or are you going to charge for each minor patch ?

this is a one time one shot payment as stated above that will increase..

Also, with the new paid version of the editor, are we guaranteed to have all the newest items added in future __patches, such as up to 2.2.1 as of now? __

As the patch data is available it can take a few days to a few weeks to get it..

Also is there a post with all the additions to the newest version?

all release notes are in the source control found under source code history https://diiiedit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

I am trying to figure out if this is something i want to waste money on atm, i have been a disabled vet for about 10 years now and live on what little the VA gives me, so I just want to know if this is a lifetime purchase or a pay per update type program now?

If you feel that this project is not worth wasting your time and money on then I don't know what to say other then write your own..

You may want to post this as a sticky for people with questions as well.

Thanks for you time on answering these questions, sorry for all the questions, but the only people who won't have any trouble paying for the editor now are people who are selling items on ebay, i have a problem cuz i never have sold an item.

That's generally how this works a few bad apples brake everything for everyone I was going to just release an update that removed all files for this project including the zip files and all text files but this was decided to be the best way..
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2015 at 2:55 PM
well seems that codeplex might be on its way out for me and its a shame I loved this system a small message board easy to use TSV and issue tracker with a way to showcase a project they just cant seem to get it together for shame...
Jun 20, 2015 at 7:32 PM
Tried checking all day yesterday to see if ya had replied and coneplex just would not load for me lol, thanks again for the clarification.
What i meant by "wasting my money", I bought a DVD program once, was sposed to be 1 time charge, but what they meant was, just for version 5, when version 6 was released i would have had to buy it all over again, so just wasn't looking forward to getting into another scam again like they did.

Being as how i have donated in the past towards the project, i would not mind supporting you farther, but when will the price go up, as i stated i am on a very tight budget atm and without a job to support me, i am limited to where my money is spent.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2015 at 8:38 PM
What exactly you are paying for is the login to the server.. There are going to be some relay nice additions to it. I think everyone is going to be surprised with whats coming.. You have to take my word for it at this point in time but if I'm aloud to work and do what needs to be done this will be a much faster transition..