This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Weird thing happen when I re-load my save

Topics: Help and Support
Jun 18, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Hello,
First off, great program, had some life-changing effects (hardcore death due to broken controller).

But, to the point;
When I upload my edited save game to the game again, it loads but removes my HUD elements en the char wil not stop moving to the right of the screen.
All written tekst are missing, menu options don't show.
I can acces my inventory and move to other building, but I can't interact with anything.
Now, I tried restoring the chances I made to the save file, but to no avail.
Still corrupted.

Weird thing is, It doesn't give off any warning what so ever.

I tried loading an old save I had, which worked as it should be working, even changing a few things to test.
All went well and then, suddenly, the same thing happend.
All I did was add a movement speed buff to my spiffy boots and poof.. corrupted for some odd reason.

Is there anything I can do or send to anyone so this can be figured out?
I'd hate to lose my Hardcore Monk Char :(

Thanks in advance,
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:46 PM
Best bet if you don't want to lose you HC monk, don't mod the save file, just leave it alone. Hopefully you made a backup of your save file before messing with it, so you can just put it back with no problems.
As much as i have messed with my saves, i have never come across the issues you are having, sounds more like a bad hard drive rather then a bad save file, not sure though.
Jun 18, 2015 at 9:57 PM
You would think I'd be smart enough to make a backup...
Unfortunately, I made a backup after I made the adjustment to the movement speed buff.

A harddrive problem... didn't think of that one yet, thanks for the tip :)
Jun 19, 2015 at 12:49 AM
The only time i have run into problems was when changing the values of stuff lin the STATS section, you can edit all stats like STR, DEX, VIT, CDR and so on but only to a value of 9999, anything higher breaks your save. As for the other stats that are just listed as numbers, don't mess with those, i can't never get anything good from adjusting them.

When my HDD went out in my PS3, my fault kind of lol, the games were all coming up with weird symptoms, such as missing text or misplaced graphics, i got a new HDD and no more probs.
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM
If you are using any version greater then 129 there is a backup made for you..

This sounds like a hardware issue i would start by backing up all save game content and doing a full system restore you will have to check the documentation on your system of how to do this... format your flash drive before retrieving all saved data from the system if you are on xbox360 there might be a way to back up your updates and game content as well I'm not sure but I don't think you can do that on ps3.. format your flash drive try again if it still happens this sounds like an issue with the video so i would try a system restore if it works then cool if not call the system manufacture and see what they say do not mention that you are modding a save file.. you are the only one i have ever heard this happen to ever...
Jun 19, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Just my luck I guess, I'm always stuck with the weird error's.
Thing is, it does this on a random basis. I tried to load an old save I found (no Monk unfortunately) which worked
perfectly, I added a few hands of gold to repair the items I had and it gave the same weird error.
I'm on the ps3 (game pc got.. uhm... disassembled)
So weird... so weird...

At least now I know to make regular backups of my saves on different drives :P

I wonder if my achievements are saved *-)
Oh well... back to the button smashing!

[email removed]
06-10986086

2015-06-19 16:04 GMT+02:00 CKY <[email removed]>:

If you are using any version greater then 129 there is a backup made for you..

This sounds like a hardware issue i would start by backing up all save game content and doing a full system restore you will have to check the documentation on your system of how to do this... format your flash drive before retrieving all saved data from the system if you are on xbox360 there might be a way to back up your updates and game content as well I'm not sure but I don't think you can do that on ps3.. format your flash drive try again if it still happens this sounds like an issue with the video so i would try a system restore if it works then cool if not call the system manufacture and see what they say do not mention that you are modding a save file.. you are the only one i have ever heard this happen to ever...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com