This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

D3 editor (vanilla) breaks items when exporting to ROS

Topics: Help and Support
Sep 11, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Greetings.

Having an issue with the D3(vanilla) editor. When I use the editor, regardless of what item/gem I make, it causes an instant crash with Reaper of Souls on the PS4. Here is what I am doing, and have been doing since I started using the editor.

Copy D3(vanilla) save to flashdrive from PS3.
Open D3 item editor and create item, copy back to PS3.
Export save from PS3 D3(vanilla) menu WITHOUT loading the game.
Import game on my copy of the PS4 version of ROS.

Never had an issue doing this, untill today when trying it. Is it the 2.3 update causing the issue? Will this be possible again? Or do I have to buy a copy of ROS for the PS3 to get a editor to work again? I've tried several different items, and without fail the game will crash upon loading on the PS4.

If I go back in the editor and strip the items back off of the character and follow the export/import steps, the character will load fine.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on with this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
Sep 12, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Hard to say. I started using d3 ros since vanilla would give issues at times. Is there certain items that causes the crash, or even if u add vanilla item to the list only?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Only thing I was thinking of was 32 stats even if you do as suggested by some and remove line 7 then again gems with stats that aren't the mystic stat..

The save files are so different that it was much easier to just create a new version for RoS that's why you have 2 different one a lot of depreciated values in RoS are still viable in vanilla but they are in fact 2 completely different save files and 2 completely different games..

Only thing I can say is buy a new copy of RoS.
Sep 12, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Everything was working fine before the patch hit, the exact same items I made before the patch no longer will go into the game at all without it crashing out on the PS4.
Even the debug Russian stuff will cause the game to crash after it's been exported. The items I was trying to make were old sets, nothing from 2.2 or 2.3. Guess i'll try to find me a cheap copy of ROS for the PS3 and go from there.

Might want to add a note somewhere that the method I was using to mod items no longer works with the new patch. Could save you some headache if someone posts this issue in the future.
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Koujacou wrote:
Everything was working fine before the patch hit, the exact same items I made before the patch no longer will go into the game at all without it crashing out on the PS4.
Even the debug Russian stuff will cause the game to crash after it's been exported. The items I was trying to make were old sets, nothing from 2.2 or 2.3. Guess i'll try to find me a cheap copy of ROS for the PS3 and go from there.

Might want to add a note somewhere that the method I was using to mod items no longer works with the new patch. Could save you some headache if someone posts this issue in the future.
I think you just did that....But not knowing the exact method you where using, the items you where trying to make, what affixes the items have, what property's the items have etc... etc.... etc.... There is no way to tell any one person don't do this cause it will crash the game when you haven't stated what you where doing to began with.. Did you try to load a blank item in? did you add one affix at a time to the item to see what affix if any was breaking it ? what property did you change if any did you try to change it back?

Start answering some of these questions and I might tell you what you did to break it.. besides don't use diablo 3 save to mod RoS that's the only sure thing you have said...
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:34 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2016 at 5:38 AM
ok as ck said the files for ros and val are dif that could be part of also depending on what ur trying to make in val will corrupted the save file data also if its really badly corrupted the game itself will delete ur save and trys and make u make another guy and start all over again ... dont matter what u do thats why its a good idea to have a bk up save just in case u screw something up U have u get the d3 ros game of it to work right