This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Item stats changing upon being identified question.

Topics: General
Dec 20, 2015 at 12:04 PM
OK so with out logging in on the PS3 and just exporting then playing on PS4, so thats out of the way, I create all my items with "unidentified 22222220", i have tried other things as well, but when i identify them, the item, example, the weapon will show 79k damage on it, but then of course i need to log out and then back in to get the 7th affix, but when i do log back in that same weapon has changed to 13k damage on it.

Armor also does the same thing as well, it may show i have 2000 armor and when i log in it only shows 1200 armor, so i am not sure what the game did to change, cuz i know its not the program.
trying to figure out how to get the items to be ancient and still keep the same stats as when i first logged in, its as if the "item level" and "legendary level" isn't working right, i have item level set to 1, like i always did and legendary level set to 70, and a few weapons even show up as 2k dmg and when i log back in they are only 23.8 dmg.
Did something change with the item level and legendary level options ? or am i doing something thats old and needs to be updated ?

Also i know the seed generator is random, but a weapon i seen this week confused me, theres a max of 7 affixes on any item, but this weapon had to have 8 or more on it,
it had
1 damage 2k+
2-6 (im guessing) 200% increased damage (which is perfect if it had 5 affixes of +weapon damage %
7-8 40% attack speed increase (again another perfect 2x 20% attack speed)
I tried for 2 days with 12 character loaded with random weapons and not even close did i come to these stats.
Developer
Dec 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM
When you "identify" youre items your in essence changing their "flag" setting. Which is why its changing the values. Create them as Ancient and be done with it.
Not to be the bearer of bad news but the weapon you speak of is quite useless. The game caps you at 5 attacks per second so while adding attack speed to the weapon makes your stats sheet look better, its artificially inflated. But if you want to create it. It probably had a modded gem of ease which will allow an additional 7 affixes. So that's 6 on the weapon (1 is sockets) + 7 on the legendary gem +2 regular modded gems. = 15 lines of affixes to play with. Look for my previous post about high damage weapons to get the full math explanation of how Diablo actually calculates damage.
Dec 20, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2015 at 9:34 PM
Yeah I had noticed the 5.0 attacks per sec cap now before, also on the weapon i spoke of, the affixes i mentioned were with no gems in it, he gave my friend the weapon whom in return gave it to me to analyze lol. When i pulled all the gems out of it those stats i mentioned were the just the weapon itself, the gem of ease had 80% dmg and 20% speed on it, thats its and the 2 ruby gems had 40% more dmg on them each, thats why i am confused.
Originally when ancients came out and i used the "unidentified 22222220", they worked fine, but guessing the game patched that out as well, also i think it may be the save file so again, i am creating a new one with only 2 characters to try this out.
OH PS: the weapons also lose the "tier quality = russian fast sword" affix as well once identified, but going to try different things now.
Developer
Dec 20, 2015 at 10:12 PM
That's interesting. The seed numbers are the same as they were in D3 Vanilla when we had 32 affixes to play with. But the game stops reading after 6 due to the patch. I've tried numerous ways to bring in the older items with no luck on a patched console. I was successful on an xbox360 with RoS that's never been on the internet and therefore not patched. If someone is able to bring in items with more than the 7 known slots I commend them and would like to know their secret but until I SEE one I'm on the fence about whether or not its even possible.

side note. You state the gem of ease has 80%dmg and 20%AS......that's only 3 lines I'm assuming it had damage or something else on it?
Dec 20, 2015 at 10:59 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2015 at 11:00 PM
OK, yeah just the "ancient 22220051" works with bring items into the game with no stat loss, thanks for the heads up, cuz when ancients came out, only way to get all 7 affixes was to use unidentified, but thats changed i see lol.
Yeah the gem had 80%dmg and 20% as, that may have been all 7 affixes though to get those stats, but it just looks so perfect, thats what was confusing, how someone randly got a perfect roll like that. After i seen the weapon and gems, i tried for almost 2 days of 12 characters, 60 items per, and nothing came anywhere close to that weapon.

Now off to recreate EVERYTHING /sigh.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2015 at 11:21 PM
kradnam look at the release notes for 129 this might help a little..
Developer
Dec 20, 2015 at 11:21 PM
Keep pulling that Diablo slot machine. I'm 14k rolls into it and still have yet to increase my weapon. The RNG gods are evidently not fans of mine.
Dec 20, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Now all we need is a D3 item emulator, a program that would allow us on the PC to see our creations without having to upload them over and over again to the consoles....
/winks @CKY.... hint hint lol, we love ya.
Yeah i got everything working for now i believe, if any other questions, i know where to find you all mwahahahaha.
Thanks again