This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Suggestions for a future update

Topics: General
Jan 13, 2016 at 11:26 AM
Edited Jan 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Few things i'd love to see in the program if possible,
1) (for the locker) ability to add custom labels for stuff, example below

-- Crusader Gear -- <<== to help keep track of stuff created for whatever
akkhan helm
akkhan legs

-- 40% dmg gems --
Royal gem

ya get the idea I guess :) just a way to keep track of stuff you create via the editor.

2) category specific folders, not sure it would be able to be done with the current drop down menu setup, example

Gems>ruby
  • >topaz
  • >emerald
  • Legendary
Wizard >armor > vyrs set
  • * >weapons >firebirds set
  • >passives
  • >etc
    just an example, but again I am sure ya understand what i mean, click gems it brings up a menu of the gems and click next gem to see all of the type and same with class specific items or stat enhancers, I am sure it wouldn't be easy, but my last suggestion showed up in the editor (extended drop down menu), so I know when ya got the time you will explore the idea some.
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2016 at 1:37 PM
These are relay good ideas.

The first one has been explored there are some hurtles that would need to be over come but I have started looking at creating this into the bank file this is going to be extremely complex but you never know it might end up in there anyway...

The second one is not going to happen.. The sub item idea was tried back in the beginning and removed.. For starters I don't know what set is specific to what hero.. or what legendary item is supposed to come with what passives and battle net is only showing what is the current patch same with the wiki that's why the tool tips got implemented I couldn't answer "what item has this on it" or "what dose this item come with" or "why when I add 3 sockets to this item dose my game crash".

So in short yes anything that you can think of that is not already being done by all means suggest it. i will look at adding anything to make things easier, organize things better. As long as 3 condensations are met 1: The user flow is not hindered. 2: The interface string files are not changed. 3: the load times don't suffer from it.
Jan 15, 2016 at 12:33 AM
If I knew half of what you know, I'd be helping to create as well, but sadly, you make me look stupid lol.
The label thing i knew would be possible since all the program would need is a blank box to click and type in or w/e, the 2nd part I knew may be possible, but like i said, with the way the menu is currently I couldn't see it happening, although, you could implement some sort of drag and drop system that could work.
If the labeling idea was added, people could just organize stuff themselves,

--wizard gear--
firebird set
vyrs set

--barbarian gear--
raekors set

OK OK OK let me stop, i'm getting so excited thinking about it lol. when and if it is put in, i am going to half to create a whole new locker save file to reorganize, my locker is a mess.

PS: TIA
Jan 15, 2016 at 3:53 PM
OH sorry, one more, i know i seen people ask it before, but PLEASE make a drag option for the locker, I hate creating an item that should go with some other items and then having to move all the other items to the bottom.
thanks again lol
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM
NO
Marked as answer by xh8mex on 1/15/2016 at 10:35 AM
Jan 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2016 at 9:40 PM
lol, not just a no, but a NO
I can settle for just the label idea then :)
Jan 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Hey one more note for ya, since, 2.2, maybe 2.3 i think, anything with a stat such as 10-15% dmg to skill (10-15% damage to bombardment) now has (150%-200%) ranges as well, so anything with (Skill name damage) now has the 150-200% affix as well.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM
Not sure if you have been following but you should try the planed release... And I replayed to your email....