How can I make this weapon?

Topics: General, Sticky Posts Read this First (Do not select this when creating new topics)
Jan 15, 2016 at 1:58 AM
Edited Jan 15, 2016 at 1:59 AM

I've been trying to wrap my head around the attack speed on it (if I scroll down it's basically Russian Fast Sword speed).

Any hints would be greatly appreciated, I've been playing with this editor for a while now, and have learned a lot, but not enough to make something that vicious.

P.S. The attacks per second on this were 7.95, which means it's got the Russian Fast Sword attack speed as I thought. Not sure how though. o.O
Developer
Jan 15, 2016 at 2:10 AM
Set the tier quality to Russian fast sword
Marked as answer by xMudkips on 1/15/2016 at 7:31 PM
Jan 15, 2016 at 2:39 AM
Oh wow, the one little part of the editor I've never touched. Thank you.
Jan 15, 2016 at 3:58 PM
Also don't be whatever fool that included attack speed on the weapon, you want Damage and damage % only on it, no attack speed.
I hear kids all the time bragging that there weapons do more then what i have, till i tell them to equip my weapon and it boosts their dps by double the amount and they freak out.
Blizzard capped attacks per second on the character at 5.00, so a weapon that does 11 aps is crap, so stay with the 5 aps on the weapon and boost your dmg and dmg % and you will be much better off.

so example
--Shard of Hate--
40% dmg
40% dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
-mystic slot-
dmg

You'll thank me later, oh and dont give it a generic name like some kids do like nemesis or titan lol
Jan 15, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2016 at 5:57 PM
kradnam wrote:
Also don't be whatever fool that included attack speed on the weapon, you want Damage and damage % only on it, no attack speed.
I hear kids all the time bragging that there weapons do more then what i have, till i tell them to equip my weapon and it boosts their dps by double the amount and they freak out.
Blizzard capped attacks per second on the character at 5.00, so a weapon that does 11 aps is crap, so stay with the 5 aps on the weapon and boost your dmg and dmg % and you will be much better off.

so example
--Shard of Hate--
40% dmg
40% dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
-mystic slot-
dmg

You'll thank me later, oh and dont give it a generic name like some kids do like nemesis or titan lol
I've been following this route as well, even though I've seem some silly folks with like 16 aps Daibos named Flex. I do always add sockets though with the mystic affix, so I can throw a modded gem of ease on it for even more damage/dmg%.
Coordinator
Jan 15, 2016 at 9:04 PM
kradnam wrote:

so example
--Shard of Hate--
40% dmg
40% dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
-mystic slot-
dmg

A better way to do this would be
--Shard of Hate--
3 sockets
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
-mystic slot-
%dmg
3 gem with mystic affix as %dam
Jan 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM
oh yeah sorry, 3 sockets, my bad lol
Jan 15, 2016 at 11:55 PM
Wait you can put a mystic Stat on normal royal gems?
Jan 16, 2016 at 12:31 AM
Theres only one way to know, try it out.
Jan 16, 2016 at 1:28 AM
Edited Jan 16, 2016 at 1:52 AM
While we're on the topic, aside from getting crit/crit damage to cap, should I be rolling primary stats are all damage on gear? In order to basically capitalize on damage that is.

CKY wrote:
--Shard of Hate--
3 sockets
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
-mystic slot-
%dmg
You mean 1 gem of ease, since you can slap 6 affix onto it, and then 2x gems with %dam. :)

Lokote2134 wrote:
I tried it, didn't see it work. Unless they have to be in seperate stacks of 1.
Jan 16, 2016 at 2:52 AM
Unless youre stat modded, stear clear of rolling straight damage.
Jan 16, 2016 at 4:41 AM
Wooderson wrote:
Unless youre stat modded, stear clear of rolling straight damage.
Not a clue how to mod stats directly. If I did, I'd probably go straight damage just to see how far into grifts I could go before I get 1 shot.

I'm guessing that means go damage on like, just the weapon, then max crit chance, crit damage and roll primary stat throughout everything else? Obviously making sure you can live if you get hit of course.
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2016 at 6:22 AM
xMudkips wrote:
While we're on the topic, aside from getting crit/crit damage to cap, should I be rolling primary stats are all damage on gear? In order to basically capitalize on damage that is.

CKY wrote:
--Shard of Hate--
3 sockets
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
dmg
-mystic slot-
%dmg
You mean 1 gem of ease, since you can slap 6 affix onto it, and then 2x gems with %dam. :)
Not what I said but Sure if you want to look at it that way but then again.
You mean 1 gem of ease, since you can slap 7 affix onto it, and then 2x rube gems with %dam.
Lokote2134 wrote:
I tried it, didn't see it work. Unless they have to be in seperate stacks of 1.
that's the only way to put modded gems in so yeah..
Jan 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Ah okay, was a lucky guess then. Only reason I assumed gem of ease in a slot, is just because of the extra affixes, though it may be overkill, who knows.

I'll check out trying to keep each gem separate and put a mystic affix on them.
Jan 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM
the best way i found out is this way

3 sockets gem of ease rank 150

damage damage
damage damage
damage damage
damage
                                                 atk speed
% damage atk speed
% damage atk speed

mystic tab mystic tab
% damage % damage

as of right now i have a 419,752.3 damage sword on the ps4 which is the highest i seen so far i havent seen anyone with a higher sword then what i gotbut i know i can get it to aleast 450,000.0 damage i just got to keep rolling it ...... just like ur going to have to do in order to get ur weapon to 300k plus
Jan 17, 2016 at 9:53 PM
kill_king_69 wrote:
the best way i found out is this way

3 sockets gem of ease rank 150

damage damage
damage damage
damage damage
damage
                                                 atk speed
% damage atk speed
% damage atk speed

mystic tab mystic tab
% damage % damage

as of right now i have a 419,752.3 damage sword on the ps4 which is the highest i seen so far i havent seen anyone with a higher sword then what i gotbut i know i can get it to aleast 450,000.0 damage i just got to keep rolling it ...... just like ur going to have to do in order to get ur weapon to 300k plus
Any attack speed past 5 attacks per second is wasted, so your weapon might be lying to you, just a heads up.
Jan 18, 2016 at 12:23 PM
the atk speed that on the gem just makes the damage higher the with the attk speed stays at 5 per sec and no it aint lying also i haven seen ppl hit faster on 5 per sec so that cap at 5 sec dont always work but hey u can take what i say or dont its help to u .. however when someones trying to help u it aint a good idea to tell them there wrong when the main people of the cky editor showed him what he knows but ok good luck getting any help if u tell thm there wrong
Jan 19, 2016 at 5:21 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2016 at 7:50 PM
kill_king_69 wrote:
the atk speed that on the gem just makes the damage higher the with the attk speed stays at 5 per sec and no it aint lying also i haven seen ppl hit faster on 5 per sec so that cap at 5 sec dont always work but hey u can take what i say or dont its help to u .. however when someones trying to help u it aint a good idea to tell them there wrong when the main people of the cky editor showed him what he knows but ok good luck getting any help if u tell thm there wrong
Pretty sure someone had already mentioned something about 5 aps also being the cap, so you're wrong again. It's artificial inflation at that point, and I know a crusader can break that cap with the johanna's flail, but that's from a legendary ability doubling attack speed with hammers, it's not from just raw attack speed.

Don't get your panties all tangled up kid, I didn't say anything nasty to you and you get all defensive. I'm going by what I've read/seen after lots of searches.
Jan 23, 2016 at 2:51 AM
again it might say 5 but i seen ppl swing higher then 5 atk per sec it dont matter on what guy ur on i have tested them all all my swords are 5 atk to 6.50 so u know how fast im swing so if i put say a 6.50 on my barb it might say 5 but im swing faster then that 5 when u got a skill set for faster atk speed so im going faster then 5 atk per sec but if u dont believe me i really dont give to shit take it or leave it the real quest is have u tried anything for urself or do u got by what ppl tell u ....... artificial inflation ok hum no becz if i put my 125,150.3 at 5.5 atk speed on and use it im in the billions however when i put my 419,752.3 im hitting way much higher so again im not wrong i have a idea try it urself and see k
Jan 24, 2016 at 1:15 AM
I have tried it, and yeah if a skill is modified from a legendary affix, again say blessed hammer and you've got a flail set to 5 aps, it then casts at 10 aps. If you want to go ahead and throw together a 10 aps flail without the 100% blessed hammer speed and see if it matches then go ahead.
Jan 24, 2016 at 4:06 AM
You guys need to knock this shit off or were going to loose discussions. Just a heads up, hes already thought about shutting them down. Dont be the ones to make it happen.
Jan 24, 2016 at 6:43 AM
im not doing thing but im not going to stand for someone calling me kid or say when im wrong when i know damn sure im not becz i 've tested what im saying thats all i really been doing since i got the ps4 since the ps3 and 4 versions are dif im have nothing against anyone but john and then know me well enuff i speak my mind and try to help the person who posted this asking how to make the sword and i told him how to get it even i get told im wrong in a since ... i dif dont want ck shuting this down becz it does help newbies out i was just lucky to run into john and the others .... and thats why i dont post on here much becz of the .... ...... ..... ...... .... when u try and help someone out i have nothing againest u wooderson but i will not stand to be talked to like that sorry and i hope ck and john and the rest understand that
Jan 28, 2016 at 2:37 AM
Edited Jan 29, 2016 at 11:11 PM
kill_king_69 wrote:
again it might say 5 but i seen ppl swing higher then 5 atk per sec it dont matter on what guy ur on i have tested them all all my swords are 5 atk to 6.50 so u know how fast im swing so if i put say a 6.50 on my barb it might say 5 but im swing faster then that 5 when u got a skill set for faster atk speed so im going faster then 5 atk per sec but if u dont believe me i really dont give to shit take it or leave it the real quest is have u tried anything for urself or do u got by what ppl tell u ....... artificial inflation ok hum no becz if i put my 125,150.3 at 5.5 atk speed on and use it im in the billions however when i put my 419,752.3 im hitting way much higher so again im not wrong i have a idea try it urself and see k
As of some time in 2.3, maybe it was 2.3, but APS is capped at 5, if a weapon shows its doing 100 APS, your character is still only doing 5 APS, nothing more, nothing less.
Now if you ONLY play on the 2.9 PS3 version, then yes, the highest i got my APS was 43 on my crusader, which was nuts, but thats only on PS3 now.
You can still make generic weapons such as the fast sword with all attack speed if ya want for PS3, but transferring it to PS4 is like when my friend transferred from D3 vanilla to PS4 and it capped his gear from 32 affixes down to 6 lol, i thought oh kool my first modded gear, i tossed it at level 20 cuz it only had EXP on it and i died WAY TO MUCH..
Anyways if you ever plan on playing on PS4, stick to adding damage and damage % on weapons for now, add crit hit dmg to rings and neck, since max is 900%, 3 good rolls and 2 green gems will max it out.

xMudkips wrote:
kill_king_69 wrote:
Pretty sure someone had already mentioned something about 5 aps also being the cap, so you're wrong again. It's artificial inflation at that point, and I know a crusader can break that cap with the johanna's flail, but that's from a legendary ability doubling attack speed with hammers, it's not from just raw attack speed.
Crusader, no matter what, can not break 5 attacks per second. Johanna's Argument (Secondary - Increase the attack speed of Blessed Hammer by 100%.), this only increases the speed of blessed hammer, not your other attacks, so even when casting blessed hammer, your attacks will still only show 5 APS.

I have a great idea, I am going to start a thread for people to post there creations for other to test out for themselves, Look for it under general discussions.
If thats ok with CKY.
It wasn't ok lol
Feb 11, 2016 at 5:57 AM
yes someone said what i was trying to say some skills will go higher but only them skills that how i know i was going a lil passed 5 aps not by much like maybe 5.10 aps o thanks kradnam for saying what i been trying to say i just wasnt coming out the right way ... and i didnt get a email for this reply either... and yeah i didnt think he would go for it but hey kradnam it was shot lol