This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Color change and other options

Topics: General
Jan 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2016 at 7:09 PM
OK I know CKY told me the only way to change the color of certain text in the editor, namely the category names listed in the item_slot.txt, was to do it through windows, but after a few days of asking on windows 10 forums, nothing can be changed via windows unless the program is considered an app.
What I would like to do is change
Before

to look brighter, like
After

If this is possible via windows 10 (fresh install with no win 8 at all), let me know how and if not, SUGGESTION lol, add a color changer to the program,or least change that one text color to a light blue.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2016 at 7:13 PM
Read your e-mail...
Jan 29, 2016 at 8:47 PM
you touched my pc in ways it hasn't been touched, learned a few things from that session.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2016 at 8:54 PM
It feel violated?
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2016 at 8:58 PM
I'm going to lighted the background up a little see if i cant brighten up the colors,
Jan 29, 2016 at 11:08 PM
CKY wrote:
It feel violated?
it felt... loved lol.

I would say a grayish background, but my experience with that, is that yellow and bright colors don't work well with a gray background for some reason, just changing that one to a light blue would be frickin awesome, all other colors are easily seen, except the dark blue, well maybe for me but i am damn near blind anyways.
Eh just email me about any planned releases y got and i'll play around with them.
Black is a good background color, it just doesn;t work well with other dark colors.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2016 at 2:34 AM
there's still other things that we are working on that need fixed before we worry about the background. its in the works to fix all the little things but first things first.....lol
Feb 14, 2016 at 8:51 PM
Compared to everything else I realize that this is minor; but that new gray is just hard on the eyes. The saturation level/intensity of the gray is about the same as the yellow and gold used for the item names, so it all gets washed out and makes it hard to read. Dark colors have good readibilty on light backgrounds and light colors have good readability on dark backgrounds; but if the background is more of a color value in the middle range it washes things out.

Is it possible to lighten the gray more and perhaps make the item labels a slighter darker shade of yellow for rares, darker gold for legends, etc. to make things easier to read and be easier on the eyes? While I'm on my soap box lol, can you make the set items show as green to carry on with the theme of the color denoting the item level?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2016 at 9:19 PM
You will need to change your computer a little to get access to the file to change it here is what you will need to do ...

Step 1

Here's how to display hidden files and folders.
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Step 2
go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\CKY\DIII.SaveEdit.exe_Url_somerandom numbers\1.3.18.147

if there are a lot of folder here it would be a good idea to deleted everything that is not the 147 version sort by date and keep the newest one..

inside this folder find <value>Gray</value>
change gray using a justified name or a hexadecimal color example Black or "#000000"

you can find the color for hex that you would like to use at

http://html-color-codes.info/
Marked as answer by kradnam on 2/14/2016 at 8:06 PM
Feb 15, 2016 at 3:07 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2016 at 3:13 AM
a yellow background, rofl.

How to change background color
Feb 15, 2016 at 5:22 AM
I can't find the "C:\Users\YourName\" folder??

Just kidding! :-). Worked like a charm, thank you very much! That was smart to load the value in with xml.