This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Learn to edit correctly

Topics: General, Help and Support , Sticky Posts Read this First (Do not select this when creating new topics)
Developer
Feb 12, 2016 at 3:46 AM
This sunday 2/13/16 at 12 noon PST. Doug1030 will be hosting a lobby on PS3 assisting people with their questions about the correct usage of the editor and game mechanics. I would recommend sending him a message just prior so he can send you an invite. He's quite knowledgeable an even the "seasoned" pro could learn a thing or 2. If we get a good turnout on this I may consider doing it for the PS4 players as well.

See dick mod
See dick add attack speed
Don't be a dick
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Sunday the 14th lol. Yes let's get a good turn out so we can do this for ps4 as well. Take this chance to have people that contributed to the program to help you get your questions answered.
Feb 12, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Im new and definitely interested. Just catching up on all the videos and how to posts. Im excited to learn, back in the D2LOD days I ran Kuk bot. lol
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2016 at 4:51 PM
The videos are good but kind of out dated. So that's why we are trying to get people to jump on and actually answer questions on a one on one bases.
Feb 12, 2016 at 6:32 PM
Can you make a tutorial video?
I dont own an ps3, so i cannot participate :(
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2016 at 7:31 PM
That's in the works to update the videos. We'd like to see how this goes as well.
Developer
Feb 12, 2016 at 10:56 PM
LOL yeah sorry bout the typo. Evidently I can do math like a beast but calendars....not so much. The more interest we can get in this the better the experience. (more people means more questions and more answers.) Lets see if we can swamp Doug so that he has to bring in help to open up more lobbies.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2016 at 1:56 AM
That would be awesome!!
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Is this lobby still going on? If so I would love to be in it. I am really needing help with this editor.
Developer
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:53 PM
Yes its going to be Tomorrow on 2/14. Contact Doug for more info
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:55 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Grouchy wrote:
Okay thanks I looked and their is no way to contact him on here. Is his username on here his psn name also?
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2016 at 12:14 AM
jtarules89 wrote:
Grouchy wrote:
Okay thanks I looked and their is no way to contact him on here. Is his username on here his psn name also?
Same user name that I have here......doug1030
Feb 14, 2016 at 12:41 AM
doug1030 wrote:
jtarules89 wrote:
Grouchy wrote:
Same user name that I have here......doug1030
Okay I sent you a friends request
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2016 at 2:37 AM
Ok hope to get as many people helped as I can.
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2016 at 7:08 AM
It was an ok turn out, thought more people would like more information about the program but maybe I'll try again. If your interested in a one on one for questions just hit me up, and its for all levels of users.
Feb 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM
doug1030 wrote:
It was an ok turn out, thought more people would like more information about the program but maybe I'll try again. If your interested in a one on one for questions just hit me up, and its for all levels of users.
I sent you a friend request and message and was on from about 2:45 to 3:15 (est) waiting, but never got an invite. I hope to catch your next session if you have one though.
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2016 at 1:21 PM
Oh, I didn't get them. But if you want I can do a one on one for you.
Feb 15, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it, I was really excited, just the wife wouldn't let me free on Valentine days (New kitchen floor later). Ive been playing around on the program, my only issue right now is anytime I put a patched affix or use a patched item it will not show up in game. My diablo ros is digital and up to date as far as I know. Im sure its something silly.
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:21 PM
ProfesssorKush wrote:
Sorry I couldn't make it, I was really excited, just the wife wouldn't let me free on Valentine days (New kitchen floor later). Ive been playing around on the program, my only issue right now is anytime I put a patched affix or use a patched item it will not show up in game. My diablo ros is digital and up to date as far as I know. Im sure its something silly.
Simply don't load into the game before you export..
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:32 PM
Not a problem, your more then welcome to send me a message and we can set up something.
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:41 PM
CKY wrote:
ProfesssorKush wrote:
Simply don't load into the game before you export..
Just as a clarification, Dont load the game up, before exporting the new save? Thank you for the reply.
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM
doug1030 wrote:
Not a problem, your more then welcome to send me a message and we can set up something.
I tried to contact you but your settings are set to preferred not to be contacted. Thank you for all the help, been reading a lot of posts in the forum.
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM
Had it set to friends only, its now open to just message me. Any and all questions are welcome.
Feb 16, 2016 at 12:11 AM
doug1030 wrote:
Had it set to friends only, its now open to just message me. Any and all questions are welcome.
I new to this site, still having troubles messaging you. If your able and have time, I have a question ( regarding patched items not appearing in game, for example Russian fast sword will show up with dmg %, but not when I add damage from patch 2.1.2 .. I've checked to make sure my ps3 diablo ros is up to date). Im using save editor .148 and I make sure to save three times, item, character, and file).
Developer
Feb 16, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Do you have more than one character?
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2016 at 12:53 AM
When your going to ps4 you can't enter ps3 nor change characters. I'm only on ps3 so I'm not sure if that's the problem or not but my psn name is the same as I use here. I'll log on in a few minutes and see if there's messages showing there and not on the PS app.
Feb 16, 2016 at 1:24 AM
I have an xbox that I exported previously, but have not done a new export while doing this. Right now, Im only modding and loading on a PS3. I figured once I have some decent equipment I would do a new export over to next gen. I do have several characters on this account. Thank you for the help.
Developer
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:12 AM
Yeah you can not load the characters anything with patch affixes or items will be sanitized on the ps3. You have to export the items before you can load the characters.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:14 AM
Ya we finally got to talk.
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:50 AM
doug1030 wrote:
Ya we finally got to talk.
Yes, Very Helpful!
Feb 16, 2016 at 4:01 AM
Thanks for the previous lobby you guys hosted on helping people out. It was very helpful, I hope we can have another lobby to help people in the future.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2016 at 7:01 AM
Anytime you need help or if you know others that may have questions just let me know
Coordinator
Feb 29, 2016 at 2:38 AM
Sunday March 6th I will host a how to again. I'll be on at 10am PST to help with questions on the program. I'll be on the ps3. Send me a message on here or psn for invite to the room. Everyone of all levels is welcome to come by with questions and or input.
Apr 1, 2016 at 1:56 PM
if you don't mind me asking, when is the next question lobby time?
Developer
Apr 2, 2016 at 1:39 AM
Yeah Doug whens the next Q&A?

I've thought about doing it for the guys on PS4, but not sure if there are any interested parties.
Apr 2, 2016 at 1:43 AM
Ive offered help both on ps3 and ps4. At the very least yall can bounce ideas off of good modders or ask questions to get a bit of help if youre stuck.
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2016 at 3:07 AM
If you'd like just message me and I'll set up time with you. Last Q&A did not get any people so I haven't done another one. If we get more people interested in this, then I wouldn't mind doing more. It's not me telling you how to make or edit its open for questions and it you would like to bounce ideas around. My psn ID is same that I use here. Happy to hear from you and happy modding.
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2016 at 4:55 PM
I have had a couple of people ask about the lessons, so Sunday the 10th I will try about. If your interested please send me a message on psn. It's open to all leaves of modders. Stuck, questions, and just to talk about things. Grouchy has said that if we get a good turn out he will do the same for the ps4, so please don't be shy.
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2016 at 6:02 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2016 at 6:33 AM
Sunday the 10th I'm still planning on having a Q&A. Please feel free to message me to join. I'm planning on around 12 PM PST.
Apr 10, 2016 at 6:48 PM
i should have asked sooner but, about how big of a window do we have to join?
Developer
Apr 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM
I'm sure Doug will make time for all that attend. How long depends on how many people are interested. Just hit him up on PSN. He usually responds right away.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 7:36 PM
I am online right now, so if you want to join please message me and I will happily invite you.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:23 PM
So hows the turn out of this weekends Q&A going?
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:25 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2016 at 9:26 PM
After sitting in a lobby for 2 hours with no one interested, its time to do other things. If people are able they can message me and I'll jump on and help out. I'll think about doing this again some time. Thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:30 PM
Well I'm sorry It seems that it is a waste of time for you Doug. It doesn't seem that Grouch will have the opportunity to help the community on the ps4. Over the years I have found that this happens when you let a community drive what the outcome can be.. It's a shame that everyone thinks they know everything about everything.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:38 PM
Its ok, I'm trying to reach out to the community and lend a hand. I by all means do not know everything and still learn new things. I'm not here to tell people how they need to make things nor tell them that their way is wrong, just to help with their question and point them in the right direction. I was hoping to update the FAQ as well.
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:48 PM
Please do not take it as I was saying that you are one who knows everything about everything. I know for fact that no one person knows as much as another.. Hell I don't know everything there is and as you know I wrote the damned thing. I do however get the impressions that some people in the community think there is no new tricks that can be used, shown or learnt. and with the new updates from 129-150 there where a lot of changes that took place that not many noticed..
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:57 PM
I know your not saying that. Its just rather disappointing that we offer the help and are taking the time to help point people in the direction that they want to go, and they aren't taking advantage of it.
Jun 12, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Let me know when that next time is!
Jul 31, 2016 at 10:27 AM
Edited Jul 31, 2016 at 10:28 AM
Dear Doug,

Sorry to hear that there were so few interested ppl around.
I started modding since a week and bought DIIIROS evil edition right after I found out about this great Editor.
In Vanilla I was quite handy, but the nerf in ROS gave me some headache. However I found out about the mystic gem editing in order to work so I m getting back to my old power ^^.
As far as I can judge myself I m getting quite the hang of it and I made several Imba items and I m getting used to the affix system aswell.
However I can always appreciate some deeper knowledge about editing. Can I add u to my friend list? maybe for a one on one session at a moment u got some spare time.
Thanks in advance for all your time and effort.
Same for the rest of the developers of course.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2016 at 2:38 AM
i sent you a friend request.
Developer
Aug 4, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Ok I've returned from somewhat of a hiatus. So Doug if you need any assistance fielding questions concerning PS4, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll gladly hop in to help or even meet the person in a PS4 lobby if needed.
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2016 at 3:51 AM
thank you grouchy
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Ok New Stream Sunday 8/7 @ 6 pm est https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIV7xGKZZJ_0drW0GU2U9FA/live
This is an interactive stream so be prepared to start typing..
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2016 at 11:25 PM
Edited Sep 4, 2016 at 11:31 PM
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2016 at 11:03 PM
Sorry for the late notice the stream for 9/8 will be canceled and covered on 9/11
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Sunday I think we should touch on attack speed % and what it does to your numbers. I know we've talked on this before but people still have questions on it.
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2016 at 11:52 PM
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM
9/22/16 Stream canceled ISP sucks...
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2016 at 11:49 PM