Tier Quality Strangeness

Topics: General
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:07 AM
Hi,

I have a Bow that I sucessfully set its Tier Quality to "Professional Russian's Fast Crossbow Pistol". As expected, when I login, this weapon is 5 APS. Then I fiddle around for a while, and later it mysteriously self corrects itself to 1.X APS, where 1.X is something in the valid range for bows. It's almost as if the game is later changing the Tier Quality back to something sane, all on its own. It's happened twice now, but I can't quite tell when.

Is this new behavior in the PS4 version of the game?
Developer
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:12 AM
Try just using the fast sword as the tier and see if it changes that.
Feb 16, 2016 at 2:17 AM
are you setting the flags correctly? I know for example that ancient enchantable does revert the attack speed on the professional russian weapons if you start messing with the item or mail it. I generally use just ancient
Feb 16, 2016 at 11:06 AM
The "Flags" pulldown is set to Ancient, skypper.

I tried it both ways with the same result, doug.

Technically this is an Amazonian Arch. Properties are as follows:

Durability = 0
Max Durability = 0
Item Level = 70
Legendary Level = 7
Rarity = 9 Legendary
Rank = 0
Flags = Ancient
Dye = (Remover)
Tier Quality = Professional Russian's Fast Crossbow Pistol
Quantity = 0
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2016 at 3:51 PM
Try the Ancient flag 22220051
Feb 16, 2016 at 8:32 PM
This worked.
Feb 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Glad I saw this. I have similar issues with anything getting a tier quality buff actually. Example: roll weapon for perfect stats where you want them, copy-paste and make a chest piece, export to ps4, look in inventory and chest piece will have 700 armor, exit game and reenter, chest piece is now 5 armor or whatever the min is.

Weapons too, I have a few 0dps AE manajuma daggers I keep for giggles, or gag drops when super aggressive people join my game and essentially demand I stop playing and immediately dupe all my gear and give it too them, then get more nasty when I don't. THUS why I'm trying to make gear that is essentially achievable. If I just do ancient I can't augment in kanai, but if I do ancient enchantable to augment - it goes garbage when the save 'sterilizes' itself, i.e. resaves. Any tips? I had no idea it was the ancient enchantable flag until this message, so thanks for that!
Feb 20, 2016 at 6:16 PM
So the Ancient items I have augment in Kanai fine, and their augment doesn't "damage" them, either; using 22220051.
Feb 20, 2016 at 7:24 PM
Ah, good to know. I tried that with my current item and it would not show up on the ancient augment page in kanai, but my gear could be getting screwy from so many reedits, I'll try some fresh stuff. Thanks!
Feb 20, 2016 at 9:45 PM
I have a few items that behave strangely. Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, for example. Cannot extract legendary power. Hmmm.
Feb 21, 2016 at 10:31 AM
joekraska wrote:
I have a few items that behave strangely. Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, for example. Cannot extract legendary power. Hmmm.
If not using the Ancient #4 flag, 22220051, i am not sure which others work, i know #4 works though.
If the item has already been extracted once, it can not be extracted again, except some reason, leorics crown, which still shows as being extractable.
Also having an item bound to account may make it so you can't extract it.

joekraska wrote:
So the Ancient items I have augment in Kanai fine, and their augment doesn't "damage" them, either; using 22220051.
I am not even sure what this meant, try rephrasing it some.
Feb 21, 2016 at 11:43 AM
KGB6006 was saying that when he augments items, their armor values disappear. I was saying when using 22220051 on my items, when I augment them, the armor values are retained just fine.
Feb 22, 2016 at 3:53 AM
Started from a completely brand new save, created the Witch Doctor set v2.2(Arachyrs Armor set for that wicked locust boost), and used the Ancient ...0051 option, I can now augment with caldesans despair fine, but the zero out durability stuff and the dye no longer works. Manual dye will stick in game after exporting, but I haven't figured out why it is losing the invulnerable to damage effect of setting durability/max dur. to zero. I think Arachyr's is causing the issue, and I'm punishing myself by not just going to something else, but I loooove that set with wormwood cubed and locust swarm boosts. It is just so satisfying watching it wipe an entire screen+ in a second, ultimate lazy person setup and insane damage if you stack it up right, then just watch the fireworks....

Thanks for the help!
Feb 22, 2016 at 5:50 AM
joekraska wrote:
KGB6006 was saying that when he augments items, their armor values disappear. I was saying when using 22220051 on my items, when I augment them, the armor values are retained just fine.
ok, that makes more sense, i am still not to fluent in gibberish lol.

KGB6006 wrote:
Started from a completely brand new save, created the Witch Doctor set v2.2(Arachyrs Armor set for that wicked locust boost), and used the Ancient ...0051 option, I can now augment with caldesans despair fine, but the zero out durability stuff and the dye no longer works. Manual dye will stick in game after exporting, but I haven't figured out why it is losing the invulnerable to damage effect of setting durability/max dur. to zero. I think Arachyr's is causing the issue, and I'm punishing myself by not just going to something else, but I loooove that set with wormwood cubed and locust swarm boosts. It is just so satisfying watching it wipe an entire screen+ in a second, ultimate lazy person setup and insane damage if you stack it up right, then just watch the fireworks....

Thanks for the help!
Always backup your save before messing with it, this way if you screw it up, you can just restore it, instead of having to remake the save again.
Feb 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Thanks for the backup reminder! Always good advice.. I have them going back for 2 weeks before I purge older stuff (about 40 backups sequential atm, the editor is so nice about that!) plus I have the original totally unmodded saves on the cloud side provided by the console vendors from the point just after I platinum trophied them (years ago heh) so I can always go back to step-zero.

The problem for me though is I didn't know whether it was a corruption issue or not, and I would not have the slightest clue when it would have happened, so started with a total fresh save just to see if it still happened, process of elimination. It still happens, so I guess I will just give up on having it all and throw a 9999 in the durability fields and just do a repair whenever blacksmithing, that used to be a reflex anyway - salvage all->repair all, did it sooo dang often the muscle memory is still there I have to try NOT to do the repair after salvage, not a biggie. Just kind of odd that you guys don't have the same issue. Hmmmm.

Thanks again for the help, this thread really got me through a confusing issue with the ancient flags and tier stuff; well, for the most part, at least I can stack int now on my WD gear with caldesans, and that's all I really wanted.
Feb 22, 2016 at 12:56 PM
This reminds me. I, too, have the following problems:

Gear requires repairs and is not invulnerable, regardless of having set values to zero.

Hmmm. Scratch head. I really hadn't been paying attention to this, because I didn't care much about it as a feature, and have the same reflexes you do.
Developer
Feb 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Min/ max durability set to 0, make sure your gems are set to 0 as well.
Feb 22, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2016 at 4:13 PM
joekraska wrote:

Gear requires repairs and is not invulnerable, regardless of having set values to zero.

Hmmm. Scratch head. I really hadn't been paying attention to this, because I didn't care much about it as a feature, and have the same reflexes you do.
Gear will never not take damage upon dieing or from being hit, setting it to 0 just guarantees that you won't be paying 2 billion for repairs.
example, items sets at 1 billion durability STILLL take 10% damage on death and 10% of 1,000,000,000 is 100,000,000, so trying to repair that would cost you an arm and a leg, but on the other hand at 0 durability, the max durability on the item would be something like 26 i think my armor says, so 10% of 26 is, well a lot less then 100 million ok lol.
yeah the best setting is 0, unless you love paying out the ass for repairs on the items. hope this helps people understand it better.

Only way to guarantee that the items won't take damage is if you are always wearing the spaulders of zakara, which makes it so armor never takes damage.

although curious now if you have those set as the tier, would that keep the item from breaking, you guys test it out and see.
Developer
Feb 22, 2016 at 4:59 PM
kradnam wrote:
joekraska wrote:

Gear will never not take damage upon dieing or from being hit, setting it to 0 just guarantees that you won't be paying 2 billion for repairs.
example, items sets at 1 billion durability STILLL take 10% damage on death and 10% of 1,000,000,000 is 100,000,000, so trying to repair that would cost you an arm and a leg, but on the other hand at 0 durability, the max durability on the item would be something like 26 i think my armor says, so 10% of 26 is, well a lot less then 100 million ok lol.
yeah the best setting is 0, unless you love paying out the ass for repairs on the items. hope this helps people understand it better.

Only way to guarantee that the items won't take damage is if you are always wearing the spaulders of zakara, which makes it so armor never takes damage.

although curious now if you have those set as the tier, would that keep the item from breaking, you guys test it out and see.
Um ok.

No the hard code of the spaulders won't work as a tier.
Feb 22, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Note that the gear is fine when using standard Enchantable or normal flags, never needs repairs at all. It is only when you go after the ancient flags that something changes and now repair is back in the picture.

I see the point about leaving them at zero though, I was watching my basic dmg/armor stats while getting beat on, and when I had them at zero, it didn't seem to be coming down with gear damage any different than having it at 9999, so I think I will adopt that and just leave everything zeroed. I was hesitant with the idea because I thought that since it now takes damage with an ancient setting, having it at zero would affect it's dmg/armor effects i.e. go from 100% to 0% effectivity quickly, but it doesn't appear to make much difference. Not noticeably with my very limited test anyway. Or maybe just a normal range so a future possible update doesn't totally gimp zeroed out gear making all this a waste of time, especially with ancient stuff.

Thanks again everyone! And thanks joekraska for giving me peace of mind by sharing that your gear takes damage as ancient too! I thought it was just me and was doing something wrong which triggers my obsess and solve mode, I can stop trying to resolve it now.... Phweew. Kids swiped my playstations so back to xbox again, it'll be fun applying all this new info to those old saves though. I spend way more time in the editor now than I do in game, it's so fun trying new builds and ideas in hours rather than weeks/months of grindddd.
Developer
Feb 22, 2016 at 11:56 PM
Try all the ancient flags. I made a new set of Ancient Gear after 2.4 dropped and my armor rating is good, it hasn't needed repair, and the cube keeps trying to get me to crush it.

But like Doug said if you have gems with durability then that causes repair problems as well.
Feb 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM
doug1030 wrote:
Um ok.

Didn't think it would.
Developer
Feb 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM
kradnam wrote:
doug1030 wrote:
Um ok.

Didn't think it would.
No, the cube can move the hard code.