This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

State of the Art in Affix Assignment

Topics: General
Feb 24, 2016 at 7:15 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2016 at 7:41 PM
Hi. I understand the state of the possible for Affix assignment in this game as follows:

The 13 major equipment slots can have 6 affixes each, plus an additional mystic reroll affix for a total of 7.

Edit: legendary items will of course also have their hard coded affix.

All legendary gems, of which you can slot 10 (1 in the weapon, 9 in jewelry) are the same as the equipment above.

Ordinary gems can have 1 affix, by using the mystic reroll.

So. I have not heard of anyone doing anything else. A while back, I tested legendary potions, and could not get them to do anything, and I also tested the wings, also no effect.

Recently I tried manually slotting multiple gems of ease into a weapon, to attempt to raise the total possible affix count by 12 or so. No luck.

Does anyone know of any other method to get more affixes slotted onto a character?
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Any and all cosmetics and consumables, affixes will do nothing, as you've found. As far as adding more affixes to gems, gear, etc, if it's not coded in the game it will not allow it to happen. Now for getting more you'll need to find gear that has affixes on it as a natural attribute.
Feb 25, 2016 at 5:25 AM
joekraska wrote:
So. I have not heard of anyone doing anything else. A while back, I tested legendary potions, and could not get them to do anything, and I also tested the wings, also no effect.

Recently I tried manually slotting multiple gems of ease into a weapon, to attempt to raise the total possible affix count by 12 or so. No luck.

Does anyone know of any other method to get more affixes slotted onto a character?
I remember awhile back this moron jumped into my game and bragged about how his wings with 3 sockets and gems in it made him more powerful, ahhh stupid people make me laugh.
Anyways as Doug said, armor, weapons, gems, are able to have sockets and hold gems, cosmetics are not equipable items, therefor they can be socketed and gemmed and useless all at the same time.
Feb 25, 2016 at 11:16 AM
bragged about how his wings with 3 sockets and gems in it made him more powerful
Heh. Not that hard to test. You just put the item on, and see if any of the observables change, like your DPS or resistances or whatever you have there.
Feb 25, 2016 at 11:08 PM
joekraska wrote:
bragged about how his wings with 3 sockets and gems in it made him more powerful
Heh. Not that hard to test. You just put the item on, and see if any of the observables change, like your DPS or resistances or whatever you have there.
Thats what i said, he insisted it made him stronger, as long as stupid was happy i guess lol.
Feb 26, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Side note. Today I took took a socketed weapon out of PS3 D3. I then took it into the editor, and made it a gem with 3 sockets and 3 gems in it, and then imported into PS4 D3. This confused the game in a very strange way. The item, which was in my stash, caused the gems to get evicted from the gem into my inventory. Weird stuff. Anyway, I couldn't find anything productive to do with it.
Feb 26, 2016 at 1:36 AM
Try putting a gem into a socketed legendary gem, it crashes the game, only thing you can do with a socketed normal gem, is put 2 sockets in it and put that into a item with only 1 socket to give it 3 sockets, then you can socket the item.
Feb 26, 2016 at 12:28 PM
The gem I made was a gem of ease with 3 gems of ease in it. I didn't try putting the gems back in, after the game jettisoned them out.

This thing with the gem providing sockets was something I'd discovered previously, also. I was trying to hack up a way to get multiple gems of ease in the same weapon. No go.
Feb 27, 2016 at 3:11 AM
If you make a legendary gem sort of like an ancient legendary item, you can add a caldesanns despair to it with the cube, that'll give you a couple more main stat or vitality affixes if you don't do it already. Those legendary gems can't be used to craft for the augment though, irony is awesome. You need regular legendary gems to add the last affix to the tweaked legendary gem, inventory gets messy and a bit confusing after that but the system keeps them separated, the modded leg gems and the regular vers to use for caldesanns and whatever.