This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Perfect rolled item

Topics: General
Mar 13, 2016 at 9:02 PM
Trying to create that elusive perfect roll and not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I create an item (in this case a legendary russian fast sword)

The only affix I put on it is the mystic affix (old affix = dmg, new affix = dmg %, enchant count = 2)

I have tried "duplicating" the item as well as ctrl+shift+ins to flood with random copies and when I load in the game the items are all exactly the same in all ways except name.

What am I doing wrong here? Also, is there no way to mess with the seed or value to have perfect rolls straight from the editor?
Developer
Mar 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Use Alt-Ins if your trying to roll the Mystic Side.
Yes you can go in and manipulate the seed numbers. Its in the Raw data. Theres one for the front six affixes and one for the "mystic", But with there being approx. 4 billion numbers that "perfect" one has been a little elusive. Good luck, and if ya find that perfect one for the front six......Hook a brotha up would ya?
Mar 13, 2016 at 11:50 PM
I'm thinking I'm only going for the 40% damage, since that is the only one I can load in and get back out. All the rest of the good ones are all for next gen. Do you happen to know the number for mystic 40%?
Developer
Mar 14, 2016 at 1:23 AM
Off the top of my head no. But easiest way to do it is on your ps3. Make an amulet with 10-40% on the mystic. Alt-ins a character or 2 full of them. Go into game on ps3(as long as you don't have any ps4 only items or affixes). Then see which one has the 40% on it. Go back to the editor and change the gbid of the amulet to a gem. Add a large quantity on the properties tab and viola. You have perfect %dmg gems that you can use as a template for making weapons.
Mar 14, 2016 at 2:21 AM
That was exactly what I was trying to do... Used the russian fast sword because I had heard that it behaves with the most stability, but like I said, when I brought them all in they were all just exactly the same. No randomness at all.
Mar 14, 2016 at 7:48 AM
Okay, got it working, it was the alt+ins vs ctrl+ins issue. Got my perfect 40%

New question. If I roll a perfect base affix (non mystic) is there any way to replicate that? So far my experiments have failed. Tried Copy/Paste, and actually entering the value in a new item base affix collection. Both methods still seem to be random when imported.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2016 at 8:25 AM
No, there's no way to make the main affixes perfect.