The Black Stuff and Pink Weapon

Topics: Help and Support
Apr 28, 2016 at 6:21 PM
Hey guys :)

I see a lot of people with Black Armor and Pink Weapon like that : Image

So, do you know how to making stuff like the screen ?
Developer
Apr 28, 2016 at 8:20 PM
Its all in the transmogs for the the black gear. Weapon is art test item I believe but I forget which number. Next time you see someone with the look you want. Check out their gear. The transmog is listed at the bottom.
Apr 28, 2016 at 8:56 PM
Thanks for rep' dude i go test now :)
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 4/29/2016 at 12:53 AM
Apr 29, 2016 at 6:13 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2016 at 6:14 PM
Ok, so, after test is not working, i try all possible transmog' in armor and i test all " Art_Test_chest" item too but all time is not black but normal, for weapon i test all " Art_Test " but all have a normal form and is not pink only "ShadowClone" item are black.

So i don't know what i forgot but is not working for me to making a black stuff ...
Developer
Apr 29, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Think outside the box on your armor. Like don't transmog your shoulders to look like shoulders. Make them look like boots or something. I'll check again on the weapon but I was pretty sure its an art test crossbow.
Apr 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2016 at 7:36 PM
Grouchy wrote:
Think outside the box on your armor. Like don't transmog your shoulders to look like shoulders. Make them look like boots or something. I'll check again on the weapon but I was pretty sure its an art test crossbow.
Ok man, i check that later, for Art Test Crossbow i try a lot of things i try too with Art test Hand Crossbow but nothing :/
And good idea for Armor i never try with Boot with Pants transmog' for exemple.

EDIT : Ok so i making a lot of try and :''') Only the helmet have a special skin haha ! look that : SCREEN 1

SCREEN 2
Developer
Apr 29, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Keep up the effort and you'll find it. I've seen guys that look like porcupines because they transmogged everything to look like a sword. Just play around until you break something. Then break some more.
Apr 30, 2016 at 2:40 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2016 at 3:38 PM
Hi !

So after a lot of test i found the item for transform' stuff in Black Stuff ( only boots not found ) and the Weapon To Pink Color :
SREEN

For people like to making own black stuff

Transmog' :

Helm : " Testing : Art_Test_Helm_16 (Patch 2.4.0 )"
Chest : " Illusory Boots "
Gloves : " Illusory Boots "
Shoulders : " Illusory Boots "
Pants : " Illusory Boots "
Boots : Not Found :/

For Weapon : " Art test CrossBow 2 " And " Art Test CrossBow 4 " work too i think.

EDIT : I just found for Boots Transmog' : " Legendary : Cloak Of Deception "
EDIT 2 : After put the transmog' in weapon for Pink Color the Weapon making no damage :O so be careful when you put the Pink Transmog' in your weapon !

Thanks Grouchy for your help !
Developer
Apr 30, 2016 at 3:41 PM
Awesome.
Sometimes the square peg does fit in the round hole. Always try what you think hasn't been tried. That's how discoveries are made.
Looks great.
But can ya do a GR150 without the Billion percent ring and a 516? or being stat modded?
Its tough but possible.

Good luck
Apr 30, 2016 at 7:14 PM
I'm trying grouchy, I'll let you know when I've got my wizard tweaked right.
Developer
Apr 30, 2016 at 7:53 PM
Awesome, I've got 2 in the bag. I'm working on the rest. The new patch has made it somewhat easier since the GR monsters don't hit quite as hard and the set bonuses have increased.
Apr 30, 2016 at 8:47 PM
Yeah I noticed a fairly significant change...
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2016 at 9:34 PM
mingjack any legendary or set or common item that is not of that item type works so gloves on boots chests on boots gloves on weapons ect... the color pallet is much larger then one would think..
May 3, 2016 at 4:37 PM
Edited May 3, 2016 at 4:42 PM
CKY wrote:
mingjack any legendary or set or common item that is not of that item type works so gloves on boots chests on boots gloves on weapons ect... the color pallet is much larger then one would think..
Hey CKY :)

i try to put Legendary transmog' in Set item but sometime is not working and Set Transmog' in Legendary Item too,

Not All Transmog' working for Black Stuff, i try some Helm In Gloves for exemple and is not working because i not found the correct transmog' of Helm to making a Black Gloves.

But i never test Common Item transmog' in Legendary item i need to try :)

And anyone know why after put the Pink transmog' ( Art test CrossBow 2 ) in weapon, the weapon making no damage ?
Jun 6, 2016 at 5:46 PM
Hey migjack,

Thanks for your hard work going through a lot of transmogging. I tried using all of the Art_Test_Crossbows as transmogs on the weapons but had no success. Do you know if this has recently changed?

Also wanted to clarify if you are hard transmogging the gear or changing the 'Visual Equipment' tab in the account settings for the character.

I saw two really cool transmogs the other day, but they were not listed on the equipment when I peeped them. The first was invisible equipment (not naked, the character area of the equipment was actually invisible), and the second was a set that made the character emit crazy magenta circles from both of his sides.

Ever seen or know anything about those?

Thanks! :)

volta
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2016 at 8:03 PM
That is the same as naked. No equipped item = naked... hence you use the visuals..
Jun 6, 2016 at 10:45 PM
No, they were not naked. To better explain, if they had their entire set transmogged this way, you would not be able to see them. The transmogged equipment made the character invisible - not the equipment.
Jun 9, 2016 at 12:18 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Have read through many discussions and noticed a bit of 'hush, hush' / 'don't give away the secret' around transmogging.

Since the developers have done a great job of being open and answering questions and providing solutions, I figured that there would be a bit more collaboration and idea sharing in the discussions. I must admit that my experience with modding games up until this point has been Game Genie. Guessing from the lack of responses to discussions and answers to questions comes from either secrecy or 'already figured it out because it is so easy' mentality.

Regardless, I respect everyone's right to reserve information because they do not care to share their work.

Just wish there was a little more collaboration, that is all! :)

So to tie it off, wanted to let everyone know that 'Legendary: Cloak of Deception' creates pink metallic boots on Barbarians, and pink metallic gloves on Demon Hunters. Will be sure to post more as I figure it out.

volta
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2016 at 1:47 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2016 at 2:32 AM
here is the issue there are 3995 items every item can or may do something different to any other item used to transmogrify another item. you have 7 items slots that are transmogable 3995 * 7= 27965/( 12 * 60 Plus (210 * 2) =1140) = 25 full loads looking at 27965 items ain't no one got time for that.. that's why there is no data on it... that's why it is said there is the drop down figure it out if you want to spend the time on it go right ahead...
Jun 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM
I ain't so good at math and assume you are correct. However, I have seen a lot of really unique transmogs on pubs. Thought folks would be sharing results for the sake of community and saving time. I guess they are best kept secrets ;)
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2016 at 5:14 PM
If you look there is sharing, it not just giving the answer right out there. The fun it trying to figure it out.
Jun 10, 2016 at 12:02 AM
Perhaps, but I am going to agree with CKY on this one: "27965 items ain't no one got time for that.."..
Developer
Jun 10, 2016 at 2:53 AM
In my experience, if someone has an interesting transmog or visual effect, I try talking to that person in-game. If they made it themselves, some are willing to talk about it. If it was given to them, most of the time they don't understand it but just think its cool which doesn't help. But checking out their gear can sometimes give me an idea or a starting point to begin experimenting.
Jun 10, 2016 at 1:39 PM
Thanks, Grouchy. I would be doing that but haven't been online in the past few weeks because I have spent all of my game time playing with the Editor. :)

Yes, I will need to get back in and starting some conversations, but I have also noticed that some transmogs do not show up in the item description, which means the person will have to have done it themselves to know.

Too bad there is not a way to put together a text file and load vs. going through each item and transmog in the Editor and loading to see what works and what doesn't.
Jun 10, 2016 at 2:18 PM
As cky said, there is far too many options to try, and nobody has the time for all that.
Jun 10, 2016 at 6:34 PM
I must have missed that. Thanks for clarifying.
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:24 AM
volta00 wrote:
Perhaps, but I am going to agree with CKY on this one: "27965 items ain't no one got time for that.."..
You didn't miss it...