This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Visual mods?

Topics: General
Jun 3, 2016 at 2:09 PM
Hello, i was just wondering if anyone could help with the visual side of things, like what transmogs to use for changing the colours of the armour? I've seen a few different types of colours such as Metallic, Metallic blue, Chrome and a few other different colours, Just wondering how this is done? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Jun 7, 2016 at 4:55 PM
I have a set of the metallic gear, but it does not tell the appropriate transmog on it, unless they are specific to classes (IE - transmogging gear for a DH will end up different than the same transmogged gear for a WD). For the different colors on the metallic gear, they just use different Dyes. Been trying to find out myself if anyone has found out some of the unique transmogs with no luck.
Jun 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM
so found out it is Testing_Art_Gloves_6 for WD.. transmogging all equipment with this will make it metallic. However, it does not do the same for other characters.
Developer
Jun 10, 2016 at 2:31 AM
If you want to change the color of your armor. Try using dye.
Jun 10, 2016 at 2:14 PM
volta00 wrote:
so found out it is Testing_Art_Gloves_6 for WD.. transmogging all equipment with this will make it metallic. However, it does not do the same for other characters.
Thank you for the reply, nice to see someone who wants to share there knowledge at least, and also give a straight forward answer. :)

@ Grouchy - You might of not read the post correctly, as i asked what transmog items are used to change the colours of the armours.
Jun 12, 2016 at 1:22 AM
The answer to your question might only be known by very few people that actually use this forum. Ask a modder in game if you're able to find one in a lobby. Also, for everyone asking questions please remember that some things that people have found took weeks or months even of testing and trying to attain. So don't be upset if not everyone is so open with information. Some people that take all that time to figure one thing out might want to keep their unique look. Like my weapon and gear sets. I've had many people ask me to dupe it, I gladly give it out being 354k, but not with my transmogs.
Jun 12, 2016 at 2:50 AM
Wooderson wrote:
The answer to your question might only be known by very few people that actually use this forum. Ask a modder in game if you're able to find one in a lobby. Also, for everyone asking questions please remember that some things that people have found took weeks or months even of testing and trying to attain. So don't be upset if not everyone is so open with information. Some people that take all that time to figure one thing out might want to keep their unique look. Like my weapon and gear sets. I've had many people ask me to dupe it, I gladly give it out being 354k, but not with my transmogs.
Oh i know, that's why i made the post.. in hope that someone who uses this site, and is also interested in visual effects may reply with something helpful. I have talked to quite a few people who mod Diablo, and most like you said, like to keep there little discoveries to themselves. Which in all fareness is understandable, as there look is Unique and sometimes rare too see, not to mention the time it took them to discover it. I can appreciate what you're saying fully, and it's not upsetting.. just a little frustrating, lol.
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2016 at 3:59 AM
Have you tried combining Grouchy's suggestion with volta00's?
Jun 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM
CKY wrote:
Have you tried combining Grouchy's suggestion with volta00's?
I have, this worked great. I'm currently looking for something for the Monk tho, and the Art test gloves, as mentioned above don't do the same thing as it does for the Witch Doctor. I've found a couple of things such as Irontoe Mudsputters and Boots of disregard work, but not to a lighter colour.. Which could be then changed in the game via the dyes. I'm making ground if only a little .. i'll get there in the end.
Jun 12, 2016 at 9:51 PM
I have spent hours myself doing this and would like to see a little success. Not looking for people to straight up give it away but am looking to answers for big questions, such as:
  • Can items that do not have a visual appearance on character be used?
  • Are there certain groups of equipment that do not work together? (IE - weapon transmogs onto chest pieces)
  • Does the equipment piece itself dictate any effects of the transmogging process? (IE - Roland's Bearing may accept the same transmog differently than Breastplate of Akkhan)
  • Does applying dye in the editor affect the outcome?
  • Can transmogs be applied and seen in game if you have not had the equipment prior? (I believe this may have been answered already, but still not sure why you would need to have a transmog on your character if you are adding it via the editor)
I am happy to share that I have noticed the following as a Crusader:
  • Chest pieces do not seem to accept weapon transmogs
  • Chest pieces do not seem to accept WD masks transmogs
  • Chest pieces do not seem to accept Wizard hat transmogs
Will share more as I continue to experiment. Anyhow, I think a string like this would help save people time. After all, I am willing to share my experience because I believe the fun is in the game.

volta