This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Those Elusive Perfect Rolls

Topics: General
Jun 23, 2016 at 3:27 AM
Hey All,

Have been working to try to get perfect rolls on items, but it seems to be a largely uphill battle. Just trying to get some enchanted seeds has taken over 1,000 item loads.

Wanted to find out if anyone had feedback on how to get perfect rolls. Of course, once you roll the seed, you have one perfect roll. However, has anyone tried to roll one of the additional six affixes at a time? This of course would not work with the root.roll (Ctrl + Insert) because it will reroll every affix, which would wipe out any of the previously rolled affixes. I have been trying to roll/load one affix at a time but have had very limited luck on getting past 2.

Is there something in the roll function that causes good rolls to decline as others max out?

I have tried rolling them all at the same time, but after thousands of rolls, getting combos like perfect Cooldown + Perfect damage seem impossible.

Adding one affix at a time is extremely tedious and has limited results when mixing affixes (not sure if this is a factor). Just wanted to know if anyone has gone through this exercise and figured out a best practice.

Best Regards,

volta
Jun 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM
What are you trying to roll?
Jun 23, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Roll you gems in the mystic tab for your perfect seed. Anything you put on the front end won't be a perfect roll on the mystic even if it rolls perfect on the front. There are 4 billion seeds, the same seed never rolls twice as long as you use the commands. This is the only way to get your rolls.
Jun 23, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Well, I was doing it for an Amulet, trying to get the best combo of CDR + Dam Y-Y. If it was for Normal Equipment, using Gems would make sense. But since it is Jewelry, all Gems will be Legendary. Not sure if you meant to use Gems as the Seed Item (if it matters) and then change the GBID or just use perfect Seed Rolls in the Sockets.

When you say 'Anything you put on the front end won't be a perfect roll on the mystic even if it rolls perfect on the front', I am unclear where you are referring to Front Affixes or Mystic. I figured that once you have your Mystic Seed rolled perfectly, that Affix Slot will always be maxed. If you are saying that Affixes 1-6 will never perfectly populate, I understand.

My thought was to do the following steps:
  1. Roll Perfect Seed
  2. Copy to Locker & Save as a Mold for future
  3. Copy Seed to character inventory, populate Affix 1
  4. Use CTRL + INS to get perfect roll on Affix 1
  5. Duplicate Item
  6. Populate Affixes 2-6 one at a time on each Duplicate, load, and weed out each item that does not perfectly Roll
  7. Continue until perfect roll on Affix is combined with perfect roll on Mystic
Seems a bit ambitious, huh? Did not know if anyone else had tried..

volta
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2016 at 8:52 PM
HUH.. I don't think I read this correctly..

So my understanding of what you have done is roll a mystic seed that is 100% of the affix..
Copy the seed to the item for a single affix(this works)
Re-roll the item changing the seed with ctrl ins(why would you do that)
Then duplicate the item re-rolling the seed again with out limit(yet again why would you do that)
Add more affixes nullifying the seed that was generated to begun with(here yet again why would you do that)

Ain't no one got time for that...

The seed has not been broken there is a formula that can be used on the seed with the affixes to see what the values will be this has not been found..
Changing any affix will cause the game to re-roll based on the seed so you will end up with a different roll every time you change an affix any affix..

The only way that has been found to date.. is to create an item using your template for the mystic or using new item and add the 6 affixes to it that you want then use duplicate (this will re-roll an items seed but not keep track of what has been rolled) or ctrl - ins (this keeps track of everything that has been rolled and will never regenerate the same seed)

Copying and pasting seeds will not yield the same result unless the affix is in the same value range example 8-12 damage and 8-12 fire damage 8-12 is the key here and the seed can be the same..

There is no formula that can say this is the top seed use it.. if you find said formula I'm all ears...
Jun 24, 2016 at 9:34 PM
CKY,

Thanks for taking the time to try and understand my nonsense. It sounds like I have been improperly using the term 'seed'. I have been under the impression that seed is defined as "a perfectly rolled Mystic Affix which you use as a template to carry this perfectly rolled Affix to other items". However, it looks like seed is something more complicated than I imagine, perhaps being related to some mathematical probability.. I am horrible at this.

Here is what I was trying to impart - I made a Professional Russian Fast Sword with:
Old Affix: Blood Oozes from You
New Affix: +10-40% Damage
Enchant Count: 3

I then used CTRL+INS to duplicate this item until I found one that had a perfect +40% on the Mystic. I saved this item to My Locker, puts notes on it: MOLD - +40% Damage, and deleted the rest of the inferior items. Now, whenever I want to create a weapon, I always copy that Fast Sword to a character, change the GBID, add the Affixes and CTR+INS across multiple inventories until I come up with a satisfactory product. I have not noticed the Mystic changing while I do this, just Affixes 1-6. I understand that ALT+INS will maintain any previously rolled Affixes 1-6 but will reroll the Mystic.

What I gather from your post is that trying to roll Affix 1-6 one at a time will not work. If you populate Affix 1, get a perfect roll, and then populate Affix 2 and reload, Affix 1 will be rerolled. I did not know if you could 'stick an Affix' if you duplicated them and then manually populated Affix 2... reroll til perfect.. Affix 3.. reroll til perfect.. etc.

I would guess that the Seed changes based on the number of Affixes, which Affixes, and what value they have been rolled . Seeds are associated with the item, not an individual Affix, right?

Hope I did a better job of sharing..

Thanks,

volta
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2016 at 1:11 AM
Yet again HUH?
What I gather from your post is that trying to roll Affix 1-6 one at a time will not work. If you populate Affix 1, get a perfect roll, and then populate Affix 2 and reload, Affix 1 will be rerolled. I did not know if you could 'stick an Affix' if you duplicated them and then manually populated Affix 2... reroll til perfect.. Affix 3.. reroll til perfect.. etc.

I would guess that the Seed changes based on the number of Affixes, which Affixes, and what value they have been rolled . Seeds are associated with the item, not an individual Affix, right?
A seed is a Randomly generated number that is used to SEED a random number generator..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_seed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivariate_random_variable

You should have a look in the raw data of the item for the seed and enchant seed.. If you could do what you where thinking you would have 7 seed values but there is only 2 seed values for 7 affixes.. 1 for 6 and 1 for mystic...

Its a single UINT32 value that can be anything from 0 to 4.2 billion

This has been discussed in detail on this forum just search for seed..
Jun 26, 2016 at 2:52 AM
CKY,

Thank you for your timely response and the references to further my knowledge. Reiterating that there are two seeds makes the entire thing much clearer.

However, I do want to candidly express my discontent with the level of tone in this forum. When I purchased a subscription to the Editor, there was no disclaimer similar to the following:
  • Must be a senior mathematician/statistician, software programmer, engineering extraordinaire, logic guru or a professional of comparable competency
  • Must be willing to perform every possible search of this forum, read all posts and understand that questions that have PREVIOUSLY been answered (in any way, shape or form) will be answered with hostility
  • Must be willing to feel like any idiot when asking questions (provided you desire a response)
My posts and inquiries have not been posted without research nor have they had salient answers. I have spent hours upon hours in the Editor, performing guess and check, and using deductive reasoning to arrive at specific conclusions. These conclusions DO prompt questions. It is unfortunate that the tone of responses is so assuming.

So I ask: Are you not here to help or is this a passive aggressive therapy forum?

Myself, as well as many others who may have tried this forum (and then most likely said ‘forget it’), have full-time jobs as well as personal lives. Thankfully, we are in a position to spend SOME of our free time playing console games; even further, we have the time to try and TEACH OURSELVES something that is outside of our profession.

Should this forum be such a waste of your time (and/or others), perhaps remove the paid subscription and free yourself of the burden to respond to 'HUH' questions. I cannot imagine you would have any level of obligation under ‘Shareware’.

Last I checked, there are not many active members of this forum. Recently, however, one of them has been charitable enough to unselfishly share their experience. Would think it would be the same way with any active member, ‘Coordinator, Editor, Developer’ or not.

Regards,

volta

PS – Perhaps your diction/syntax are easily misinterpreted, but there is an overwhelmingly hostile attitude in 75% of responses in this forum.
Developer
Jun 26, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Yes there are 2 seeds as CKY has mentioned. 1 that controls the mystic affix, and the other which relates to the front 6 affixes and the tier setting when dealing with armor. Getting a perfect on the mystic is possible albeit time consuming. Not to say that getting a perfect on the front is impossible, but based on the sheer number of variables(range of each affix, # of affixes, etc) it is HIGHLY unlikely to be achieved. My Gem of Ease for example has been "rolled" in excess of 40k times and there's still plenty of room for improvement. What we know about seed values are that the affixes and tier are run through an unknown formula/algorithm to correspond to the in-game values. This "formula" is unknown which is why it is impossible for the editor to discern between a "good" roll and a "bad" roll. Hopefully you find this insight helpful.

As someone whom has a full time job, and a busy life aside from the gaming world, I find it a little disconcerting that someone as well versed in English as yourself would find the act of "Learning" bothersome. I have no programming education, just a passion to do the best at whatever it is I choose to do. So I've learned quite a bit in my effort to create better gear for myself and friends.

It is no secret that CKY is known to be highly abrasive. I don't think its intentional, but he thinks like a programmer. Black or White, 1 or 0, Off or On. If something doesn't add up it triggers an error flag. (Huh?) Don't take it personal, just provide more information and he will get you pointed in the right direction.

Finally, while there was no disclaimer that states what you mentioned. There was also no promise of a support staff waiting to answer your questions.
Jul 9, 2016 at 4:17 PM
I have seen perfect roll 6 affix items on legit gear, will try to take a picture next time i see the guy on.
Jul 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Would be more helpful to get the seed ;)
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2016 at 12:58 AM
Edited Jul 12, 2016 at 4:56 AM
Would be helpful if there was a seed to get ��
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 7/11/2016 at 9:56 PM
Jul 31, 2016 at 11:32 AM
Sounds like they re all trying to help u out here.
No offense but sharing knowledge is a good deed anyway.
Everybody puts great effort in making the best/strongest items, so its cool that ppl share thoughts.
Aug 12, 2016 at 7:42 AM
DiabloNL wrote:
Sounds like they re all trying to help u out here.
No offense but sharing knowledge is a good deed anyway.
Everybody puts great effort in making the best/strongest items, so its cool that ppl share thoughts.
Sharing is the last thing most people want to do, when i posted how to do stuff others wouldn't tell, i was bashed for it, cuz now all know how and those few lowlifes didn't feel special no more.