This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Properties Tab - Tier Quality Question

Topics: General
Editor
Feb 3 at 12:09 AM
Edited Feb 3 at 12:36 PM
After reading a lot of posts during the last week I have one question ... can someone please tell me the highest Tier Quality item that can be selected for DPS/DMG? I am aware of the persuader and everything that has viewable numbers attached, but I have a feeling there is more. I understand and appreciate it is important to be led in the right direction and not having the answer handed to you, but I would not have asked this question if I had not already done my homework and been led by past posts to a specific "answer" ;) Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you for this and for all the prior information. Well done.
Coordinator
Feb 3 at 10:14 PM
Edited Feb 3 at 10:14 PM
The damage numbers on the tool tips are what the game says if there is something higher I don't know what it is.
Editor
Feb 4 at 11:42 AM
Edited Feb 4 at 11:43 AM
Thank you. Many others have confirmed they know of nothing higher. The guy who told me there was something bigger out there, but would not tell me what, could easily have been yanking my chain.
Feb 14 at 7:46 AM
I got your email message, sorry i dont check emails often, not sure what exactly you are looking for, but for a weapon dps, the highest dps and fastest speed is going to be under .developer weapons . professional Russian fast sword or or bow any of the fast weapons. Now if you are looking for a non fast sword for the tier, the hand cross bows seems to have a high dps due to speed of 1.6 i think it was which is faster then any other weapon.
All hand cross bows are fast but not game breaking fast, so this is your best bet for tier quality outside of the fast weapons.
Editor
Feb 14 at 3:08 PM
Thank you for weighing in Kradnam. The hand crossbows were not high on my list to test on the tier quality, but they are now.

I have been reading more of the posts from the last 14 months and saw one that vaguely discussed modding a regular gem (not legendary) so that the regular gem itself has two sockets. The result being that one regular gem with a modded mystic quality would function like three modded regular gems but would only take one socket space in the given weapon/armor. I assume this takes place in the raw tab and I think I recall how to do it. Just wondered if you had any thoughts or experience on this front.

Thanks again.
Coordinator
Feb 14 at 5:09 PM
What console are you working on?
Editor
Feb 14 at 7:00 PM
xbox1
Coordinator
Feb 14 at 7:05 PM
Are you looking for weapon damage or list damage (numbers at the top)?
Editor
Feb 14 at 7:22 PM
Edited Feb 14 at 7:27 PM
I am likely looking for either as I want to maximize damage for rings, amulet, and weapon as much as possible. Any additional way to add damage is helpful. The thread started with tier level for leg gems, which I am still working on, and now I read about the additional potential of "socketing" regular gems (but not for the kick gem).
Coordinator
Feb 14 at 7:42 PM
For weapons we have found the best way is: 3 lines damage%, 3 lines of damage, and 1 line for 3 sockets.

For gem of ease: 4 lines damage and 3 lines of damage%.

Add 2 gems of damage%. This should go no higher then 280% damage.

As far as tier goes, weapon can be fast sword and your gem can be something else.
Editor
Feb 15 at 4:19 PM
Edited Feb 15 at 5:49 PM
Thank you Doug. I have definitely found the past threads where you gentlemen were kind enough to discuss, at length and on several occasions, which affixes to use for high damage. I think my questions are the next step down the road from the basic analysis. For the moment, I think I have found my answers.

Thanks for your time.
Coordinator
Feb 16 at 3:53 AM
Non legendary gems can only have 1 afix on them and only on the mystic side. Tier doesn't matter on non legendary gems as well.