This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

So there I was..

Topics: Help and Support
Feb 24 at 11:46 AM
Edited Feb 26 at 11:02 AM
So there I was trying to make stuff, an noticed a few things.

Update: I have copied some of the answers I've found here so far,
so others don't have to scroll thru everything.

1 - Why is the text in the editor LIGHT BLUE on a white background?
Why can't I change that to black? Who's idea was this anyway? (see drop down menus)

The text issue

1R - I will look into the txt problem on the right side of the program, so please give us a little bit on that.

2 - I don't see any legendary gems in the editor, yes it's the free one..
but nowhere in the FAQ does it say "the following things are only in paid".

2R - Legendary gem are not in the free version along with most of the patched items, that would include affixes.

3Q - Why hasn't a top level sticky been made to show the latest tutorials by CKY?
or any of its close friends. All I can find are tutorials about things that don't matter.
How about..

Ex: Making wings/pets/etc that can be traded or mailed off an what settings to use for that.

Ex: Making those really strong weapons/armor/gems so you can do 150 rifts with 1 hit kills.
3R - Patch damage is 1582-2325, free version is 1177-1788.

Ex: Removed by me.
Ex: No one ever talks about what not to make, or what will get you banned by blizzard or what the limits might be towards such bans.

4Q - I can't recall which videos said it, but there is another newer version than the
free version? is that paid only that raises the editor? ex: v1.0 free / v7.9

4R - We do update the program and right now both the free and paid version are 1.3.19.152

5 - $30 a month for access is a bit steep.. $10 makes more sense & affordable.
Not my place to decide but.. its why I didn't buy it first & then ask questions later.
Maybe I can get the dev to speak about this & everything else in this list?

Suggestion: 10 day, 30 day, 60 day subscriptions? You can still keep $1 a day for your biz model.

6 - I don't see any raw editor options anywhere, paid only? and if so.. is that how
people are making weapons/armor/etc that have trillions of damage? because the
best I can do is a few hundred million. So what is the story here? is that only possible in raw/paid?

6R - Yes the raw tab is in the paid version.

7 - I noticed there are no cube crafting materials, why is that?

8 - I noticed despite adding all the quests, an leaving a character at 69, I still have to complete the
entire game to enter rifts/run torment 13, what gives, how do I fix that in the editor?

8R - Go under account you'll see "flag" change that to 1012.

If the dev won't answer anything at least fix the light blue text.. if you still won't change that
then contact me before saying no.

Edits were made to be more direct as some seem to have issues understanding me.
My questions stand, demanding or not >.> this program is suggesting people pay for it.
Potential customers have the right to ask questions, I am not the first nor will I be the last.
Editor
Feb 24 at 2:55 PM
Edited Feb 24 at 5:09 PM
A few comments regarding your questions are embedded below. I am sure others will chime with additional information.

At the outset, your post is pretty aggressive and demanding. Everyone on here is trying to help others use the editor and I am certain you will get assistance. There has always been a solid level of respect in this forum that has trickled down from the actions of the developers. There is no doubt people will be more apt to help you if you show the same respect to them.

I hope the info below is helpful. Best of luck.

Mairhouse Replied:
So there I was trying to make stuff, an noticed a few things.

1 - Why the hell is the text in the editor LIGHT BLUE on a white background?
Why can't I change that to black? Who's idea was this anyway? (see drop down menus)
--> Through all versions of the editor I believe I have always had black background. I have always had the paid version.

2 - I don't see any legendary gems in the editor, yes it's the free one..
but nowhere in the FAQ does it say "the following things are only in paid".
__ --> Pretty sure these only come with the paid editor.

3 - Why hasn't a top level sticky been made to show the latest tutorials by CKY?
or any of its close friends. All I can find are tutorials about things that don't matter.
How about.. -->A very quick search gave this thread: https://diiiedit.codeplex.com/discussions/651021 which has videos for how to make the best possible weapons and how to change background color

Ex: Making wings/pets/etc that can be traded or mailed off an what settings to use for that.
--> There are recent conversations about this. Do a simple search or spend a minute reading titles of past posts and you will find it. In short, pets and wings are now bound to your account. You need to have at least two copies of each single item in order to send it to others. If you are having issues making more than one copy, then you should name the pet or the wings. CKY posted that tip very recently.

Ex: Making those really strong weapons/armor/gems so you can do 150 rifts with 1 hit kills.
--> Again, take a minute to search or read. There are many discussions about EXACTLY how to do this. However, you may have trouble doing it without the legendary gem of ease (reduced level requirement)

Ex: How the legendary gems manage to get into gear they normally can't be in, armor, wings, etc.
--> I have yet to see leg gems in armor other than rings and amulets. Again, time spent searching and reading will yield the fact that anything socketed into wings is meaningless, provides no actual stats or benefit to the character (regardless of what the player tells you in game), and is aesthetic only.

Ex: No one ever talks about what not to make, or what will get you banned by blizzard or what the limits might be.
--> FIRST, I have been modding on 360/XBOX1 since the early days and I have never heard of or seen anyone banned for modded gear. As far as I know, there is no ONE THING that will get you banned regarding making of gear. If you misuse modded gear and ruin games for legit players, or use special items to affect the game play of other players, then your actions may get you a temporary ban that could escalate if you continue the action. The point is, it is not the gear that gets you banned, it is your actions and the way you choose to use the modded gear that get you banned. Further, the xbox app now supports "Groups" that players can make, join, and share information and ideas. There are several Diablo III modding groups that are still running strong and have not been shut down by anyone. Long story short, I do not think modding will never be banned on console. Blizzard would immediately lose half of its audience if not more. SECOND, Regarding limits of the editor, the only way to find the edges are to go past them and, as the developers challenge everyone, break the game. It is not possible to describe all the limits. The only way to figure it out is by testing the limits and finding out what works and what does not. When you bring gear over that crashes your game, then you have found a limit.

4 - I can't recall which videos said it, but there is another newer version than the
free version? is that paid only that raises the editor? ex: v1.0 free / v7.9

5 - $30 a month for access is a bit steep.. $10 makes more sense & affordable.
Not my place to decide but.. its why I didn't buy it first & then ask questions later.
Maybe I can get the dev to speak about this & everything else in this list?
The entire editor used to be free and the developers can give you their specific reasoning, if they want to. My understanding is that people used the free editor to create gear that they would then sell online. I do not believe this was appreciated and the editor was no longer free. Just a thought... did you demand a lower price when you bought your console or the Diablo III game itself? The cost is what it is, and it could easily be higher for what I have gotten out of it.

6 - I don't see any raw editor options anywhere, paid only? and if so.. is that how
people are making weapons/armor/etc that have trillions of damage? because the
best I can do is a few hundred million. So what is the story here? is that only possible in raw/paid?
--> I have all the gear and huge damage anyone could want and it was not made via the raw tab. The key is getting the right combination of affixes on your items then rolling them over and over until you get numbers that translate into the big damage. 99% of what you are looking for has been discussed on these message boards. Take a couple hours to find it.

7 - I noticed there are no cube crafting materials, why is that?
--> Possible they are for the paid editor, but they are there.

8 - I noticed despite adding all the quests, an leaving a character at 69, I still have to complete the
entire game to enter rifts/run torment 13, what gives, how do I fix that in the editor?

If the dev won't answer anything at least fix the light blue text.. if you still won't change that
then contact me before saying no.
Hope this helps. The best advice anyone can give, as I have said, is go search/read the past posts on the forums. Everything is there.
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 2/27/2017 at 10:35 AM
Feb 24 at 4:35 PM
I'm fully offended by the reply given to me, as a potential customer I expect someone of authority to adjust his attitude.

He's speaking for your revenue at this point, an it's not looking good.
Editor
Feb 24 at 4:44 PM
Absolutely no offense intended. Trying to help you and pass on what I have learned and been told by participating in this forum.
Feb 24 at 4:55 PM
Edited Feb 24 at 4:56 PM
If there is anything I have learned from this experience, it's that if the programs intent to produce revenue is left in your hands. They'll become penniless, do learn from your mistakes. Accusing others of being "aggressive" just because they ask questions does not grant you the right to slap & hide behind the guise of helping others.

Your apology is disingenuous & adds further offense to the matter. Stay out of my threads from now on Mairhouse.
Coordinator
Feb 25 at 4:55 AM
what system are you on?
Feb 25 at 12:12 PM
Edited Feb 25 at 1:12 PM
To answer you doug1030, Xbox 1.

My concerns were listed in my first post.
I'm hoping we can make some progress on at least
a few things.

I am borrowing a 360 at this time so I don't know if
I will have the ability to utilize 30 days of paid time.

I don't really want to buy another 360, I just wanted to
make a few sets for myself an that be the end of my edits.

Hence my view on the subscription time.

Perhaps tiers could be done? I only need 10 days at best
right now. Maybe at a later time I would come back for
more but having only one price model is just.. >.>

It's a hard sale to boot. That's just my view for now.
Coordinator
Feb 25 at 4:47 PM
Edited Feb 26 at 12:16 AM
Fo answering your first question on the colors there is a video that will help in this https://diiiedit.codeplex.com/discussions/650695

2) Legendary gem are not in the free version along with most of the patched items, that would include affixes. That would answer another question about your weapon. Patch damage is 1582-2325, free version is 1177-1788.

3) Adding affixes to anything other then gear, weapons, and offhand is useless and does nothing for your stats. As for adding legendary gems to things other then what they go to, no can not be done.

4) We do update the program and right now both the free and paid version are 1.3.19.152

5) Yes the raw tab is in the paid version.

6) For your quest, did you change your flag under the acount tab?
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 2/25/2017 at 9:48 AM
Feb 25 at 5:12 PM
Edited Feb 25 at 5:17 PM
If its the video that describes how to change the background on the left
side of the editor.. then no, it's not my complaint. Drop down menu right
side for items. The text not the background is light blue.

I will review the link in a moment, writing as I go here..

I have a weapon with a legendary gem in it that someone gave me, so
yeah it has been done, but if it has any real effect I cannot say, would
you like to see it? before saying it cannot be done.

Actually I will get to adding pics about the text & weapon asap.

As for the quest, I added them & set myself to adventure mode in both
spaces. Yes I triple saved for the sake of things, yes I updated the
account & character files. Yes I made sure not to forget the whole
save/rehash via Horizon.

I hope that covers it, so what did I miss? for the quest settings.

PS: Win 7 Pro, user.
Coordinator
Feb 25 at 5:22 PM
Go under account you'll see "flag" change that to 1012.

Yes do post a picture of this gem that's not a gem of ease in your weapon.

I'll look into your color problem.
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 2/25/2017 at 1:23 PM
Feb 25 at 6:51 PM
Edited Feb 26 at 11:02 AM
Yes the flag was set to zero.. had no idea I needed to change it, all my tutorial
materials never made clear mention of needing to fix this.

I'd be glad to give you the weapon itself for inspection if you'd like?

Weapon link removed by me.

Moved to the first post by me for temp. reference.

I will remove the links before I go to sleep so you know.

PS: I work nights, for me to be up this late.. is a bit much for me so my
next post won't be until tomorrow most likely.
Coordinator
Feb 25 at 7:01 PM
Looks like a gem of ease to me? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gem-of-ease
Feb 25 at 7:09 PM
All I knew is it was a legendary gem, rule was = impossible, so ya.
Clearly there is an exception gem, so nevermind about that then.

The text remains an issue, kills my eyes when I'm trying to edit.
Quite painful for a night person aka vampire.
Coordinator
Feb 25 at 8:20 PM
Rule was, "adding legendary gems to things other then what they go to, no can not be done." i did forget to say that you can add affixes to legendary gems and 1 affix to normal gems.

I will look into the txt problem on the right side of the program, so please give us a little bit on that. Pretty sure there is a setting to change that.
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 2/25/2017 at 1:24 PM
Feb 26 at 9:59 AM
I have searched the config file, theres nothing there for that at least in the free version.
I cannot speak for paid as I've not yet commited to that.
Coordinator
Feb 26 at 2:40 PM
Your color problem is a Windows setting.
Marked as answer by doug1030 on 2/27/2017 at 10:33 AM
Coordinator
Feb 27 at 5:37 PM
No your not the first to ask questions, most to all of your questions have already been disgust on this forum.